Pontiac GTO Forum banner

'66 Fender splash seals

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Instg8ter 
#1 ·
Anyone have a picture of which direction these attach to the inner fender wells?

Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
Yoiu will need either a VERY heavy duty stapler, OR, a small drill bit to make the holes......the small piece goes like this (see pic)...The large piece is kinda self explanatory once the inner fender is on the car. Those are correct for 66, I have a 67, they are just rectangles on the 67 (not as nice)...Eric

Attachments

#5 ·
Thanks for the small piece picture! That cleared that one up nicely.:)

I drilled 1/16th holes and the staples fit snugly.

And it looks like the large one comes from underneath the lip (from the tire side) and into the bay folding out over the A-arm. Right?

#7 ·
I purchased a set of these for my 65 GTO. I am having trouble as well figuring out how they lay against the Inner Fender Wells. They do not mach the originals, as the originals covered the open area at the A-Arm and then narrowed out and went towards the radiator between the flange of the Inner Fender Well and the Frame. (Originals were longer and covered more area) The new ones I purchased only cover the open area at the A-Arm. Are the ones you guys purchased shorter than original as well? If not I would like to know where yours were purchased from. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.