Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Power source to horn relay?

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Eric Animal 
#1 ·
Looks like my 67 GTO has had some creative wiring along the way. Horn relay power lead connects to alternator and provides only 1-2 volts output to relay, 3-4 volts after starting. I have seen a diagram which indicates power comes from a junction box. Can anyone tell me which one and where it is located, what it looks like? Thanks!

#3 ·
That's the green trigger wire that goes from the horn button to the relay. Fortunately, I know that works because the relay clicks. But there is not enough current to engage the horns. So that has to be a power source problem, I think. Somebody let me know if I'm off base here. Thanks.

#4 ·
3 wires involved. 1 green= trigger for relay, from firewall/fuse panel. 2 black = power to the horns, from the relay. 3 brown = power into the relay, from the fusable link (alternator). The horns MUST also have a very good ground to the vertical brace...what goes in (+) ...must come out (-). Eric :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.