Pontiac GTO Forum banner

SAP Grilles

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Furyan 
#1 ·
can any one tell me how to take the bumper off to put on auto cross grilles?
they did not come with directions on how to remove the bumper

#2 ·
First you have to po the hood open and remove the 3 screws at the top of the bumper section. Then you will have to remove the 2 screws on each side of the bumper at the wheel well. Once that is done the bumper will pop off... I lifted off one side and set it on a box to support it while I removed the other side. be careful not to drop or scratch the bumper. Good luck!

#3 · (Edited)
LS2FAST said:
First you have to po the hood open and remove the 3 screws at the top of the bumper section. Then you will have to remove the 2 screws on each side of the bumper at the wheel well. Once that is done the bumper will pop off... I lifted off one side and set it on a box to support it while I removed the other side. be careful not to drop or scratch the bumper. Good luck!
yes i did that but the bumper did not want to come off
help please? do i have to use some force? pry one side apart.

#4 ·
Go to pfyc you can print out diredtions. I have read them, you have to pull up and forward to pull the bumper off. I hope this will help you.

#6 ·
Glad this thread is here, backing out of a parking spot tonight from dinner a piece of rebar sticking out of the concrete stop tore my SAP front end off as I backed out!! I was able to jam it back on enough to get home but it's fubar now. I'm going to take it off and see just how bad it got mangled. I guess now I have an excuse to call JHP for the HSV GTO nose!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.