Pontiac GTO Forum banner

2006 Gto

7K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  big_mike 
#1 ·
Are the 06's out yet? If not, when will they be out?

#7 ·
Took a friend to a dealer tonight to look at an IBM 05. It's new, black interior and an auto. He is probably going to do it. They came down to 30k, but wouldn't budge from that. I asked the Salesmanager when he thought he would be getting 06's. He may have been blowing smoke because they had 4 black 1 red and the blue car, but he said that they were told no earlier than February for 06 models to make it here.

#8 ·
I was also told February.......couldn't wait. Dealer still has about 8 of them on the lot. Salesman said they weren't moving right now for some reason.

JET

#12 ·
TexasRealtor said:
I understand that the '06 will have addressed the slow moving power seats. Is this correct?
The seats will move much faster. The taillights will also be different. other than that and some new colors they will be the same as 05.

fergyflyer - They are not that fast when it is raining and you need to get someone in the backl. LOL!!!!!

#13 ·
shadow said:
I saw an Orange / Bronze GTO twice in my hometown. I thought that was an 06 color. It had hood scoops so I ruled out an 04.
Lots of 04 owners are modding to 05 hoods and 05 rear bumbers and all the exterior decals can also be purchased. IMO , the hood scoops identifier can be misleading . The 06' rear black tailights may also be misleading for a future identifier. The Only way I know is to check the VIN or pop the hood...

G
#14 ·
WOW :willy: ... u guys are lucky .. I live in Hawaii so my 05 LS2 was like 38k.. only got the sports package, and custom rockford sounds in it..

guess overall Ill spend about 43k on it, only 19" luff M1s, Cryo2 w/purge, graphics, stock bodykit, guage panel and springs.

Wouldnt mind a flywheel/shortshifter/clutch/and supercharger ... moneys tight and i kinda wanna keep my warrenty for a bit ... :willy: :party:

#17 ·
have the 04' and waiting for the 08'

Ive heard a lot about the 08 coming out. New platform, new toys, and addressing the goofs in the 04 and 05. That, and I have almost 30K on my 04. Im so upside down, I can't finance the steam off a hotdog. Ive also been told the 07's will be a steal in early 08. Im also in the car business so I have an idea of what cars are really worth according to market value.

#21 ·
Well... your only other option is to go to a dealer right after Xmas and get the most for your trade, and beat em up on the price of a new 05. Im in the car biz now and after xmas is the best time of the year to get a deal. They have quotas to make for the new year and will loose money on a couple deals to make the dealer money alotted for the next fiscal year. Dont' be afraid to get up and walk out if they won't get to your number. Negotiate the price of the car from the Invoice and NOT the MSRP. Get the manager involved and shoot for $26K = tax and title. they should bite at that time of year for it. I got my 04 in Nov. last year for 26,500 + tax and title b/c they were desparate to make the deal. Aslo get online and research Pontiac dealers within 500 miles and negotiate deals over the phone. get quotes and take em to other dealers and negotiate off that.

#25 ·
Stopped by my dealer today to look around,Greiner Pontiac in Victorville ,Ca, they have a Brazen Orange one ,and they treated me great when i bought mine, so i recommend them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.