Pontiac GTO Forum banner

My "frame off" is Done!

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  DSMTiger 
#1 ·
It's been in progress for 1.5 years but my frame off restoration of my '66 GTO IS done. I know I am a little biased but I think it turned out really nice. The fresh Marina Turquoise paint looks amazing. All new suspension, powder coated frame, freshly rebuilt original 389 tri power engine, all The shiny stuff rechromed or replaced, new redlines........ This is the car I wanted in high school.

#10 ·
Matt, Nice to meet you and talk cars. Still thinking about the pinstripe. A few more minor things to get done. Will be getting it "dyno'd" to dial in the carbs. Will be interesting to see how it "pulls" after the rebuild.

#12 ·
Have had Rallye 1's, whitewalls with full caps, redlines with beauty rings and "poverty caps", and Keystone Classics with white letter tires. They all seem to look pretty good.......just different. It's amazing how much you can change the look in a short period with a change of wheels!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.