Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - technical questions to steering gearbox and vacuum gauge on a 1965 grand prix
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2014, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
GP65

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@PontiacJim: Thanks. It has power steering. Thats right that an old car won´t react like a new one, and I am clear that there is some loose steering in this old cars. But if there is too much loose steering, I know it from the german oldis I was working on, you had the possibility to adjust the steering a little bit with this screws.

But you are all right, at first I will check all moving parts on the front and if it is necessary I will replace the worn out parts and see if steering will change .

I now looked at the vacuum lines, and I found the following ones. One that comes out from the engine leading to the intake manifold. One that comes out from the back side of the carburator which divides itself to the brake booster, the ditributor and one metal line that runs underneath the car, maybe for the gearbox?!
And one vacuum line runs out directly from the firewall to the expansion valve of the aircondition.
But what are the connections for which I have marked with an red arrow?
Could it be possible that the short second one in the firewall will lead to the vacuum gauge?

@05GTO: Thanks a lot, that was exactly what I was looking for!

@the65gto: Hey, thanks! I have seen you are from florida, my grand prix also was running in florida until 2011.

Thanks,
with best regards
Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050681 (Medium).JPG
Views:	634
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	43417   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050683 (Medium).JPG
Views:	306
Size:	290.9 KB