Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1967 GTO VIN Denote HO?

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  pjw1967 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

Would the VIN on the '67 denote the HO 360HP engine?

TIA

#5 ·
About 90% of the HO cars I've seen are fakes. PHS will help you here. There are indeed at least two unique features of real HO cars, and often times, these areas are overlooked. Like OPH, I won't list them either. Careful research will reveal the nuances of a real HO car. Too much fakery out there.....The RA cars tend to be less faked, since they made so few of them. A friend of mine bought a real RA '67 from the original owner in 1985 for about 4k and I thought he was nuts to pay that much for a GTO at that time. I had no idea.

#7 ·
I think what they are trying to tell you is just get a PHS and do some HO research. By the members telling you what to look for (the differences) it will make everyone that has a fake HO, try to make it look legit. If you know your GTOs you will spot attempted fakes.

#10 ·
I am not as familiar with the 67 HO as I am with the 68 HO which is the model I have. The first thing I did when I bought the roller was run the vin to PHS. BINGO! came back as a 4 speed HO car. I had an honest seller, who did not realize he had a 68 HO car.

Have you purchased this car already? If you have, pm me and I will walk you through what to look for to avoid publishing it here where any mook can read and not be a member....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.