Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - Hello?
Thread: Hello?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 07:55 AM
PontiacJim

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
I love the full size cars. I have mentioned before my brother's nightshade green, black vinyl, white interior, Rally II's, '68 Bonneville purchased from the original owner. 400CI/TH400/posi. Fast. I did some minor wheel well patches and repainted it as one of my project cars while I was in autobody school out of high school. I posted a picture in the photo section. That car was beautiful and I loved the tail lights and the "fastback" look. It had a better nose than the '67 and hidden headlights from a '68 GP would have been perfect. I still think of that car today, but it is long gone.

Would take a big car in a heartbeat, but like any Pontiac, harder to come by and an arm and a leg for anything that isn't a rust bucket. I occasionally look for '68 Bonnevilles just to see what is out there and the prices.

I am not an artist by any means, but I drew up this straight axle drag car when I was about 23. Chopped the top a bit, up in the air attitude with the wheels hanging out the rear wells, straight axle, front bumper delete.

The drawing above is my version of a custom '68 GTO sedan delivery. Can you tell I like customs?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pontiac drag car & custom.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	63833  

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome