Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Sort of a barn find

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Ed J. 
#1 ·
Found this on my local Craigslist in Mesa AZ. Been sitting in a storage unit for a long time. Looked clean and rust free and straight so I took a chance and bought it.

Here are a few pictures I grabbed off Craigslist when it was for sale. My PHS came in today If I read it right this is the original color LL teal turquoise, with turquoise interior.

I found the Motor code it's a WT and the transmission is a four speed wide pattern Muncie with the hurst shifter. It even has the Rally Guages and the tach works.

Had the original Carb on it so I pulled it off and had it rebuilt, changed all oils and fluids, cleaned some of fuel lines replaced other parts, put in a battery and the beast was alive!

More updates and photos to come.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the positive replies and sorry for the delay in posting again. I have made a little progress on this new addition to my fleet. The prior family were...um...well...behemoths and the car sagged to the left and it still had GM spiral front shocks on it and the original springs! Put in all new stock coils and some upgraded shocks and too your advice and grabbed some old school cragars off Craigslist. Took out seats and made $2.37 back in small change, found a new flashlight and a nice pair of wire cutters and a cool small Leatherman tool! Trunk had some freckles of rust starting under the mat and I took care of that. Replaced a couple vacuum lines and she stands real proud now! Gonna have many questions and will post those appropriately.

Attachments

#8 ·
Nice car! Would love to see it in person (I live in Mesa as well...)
Do you plan on taking it out to any cruise ins on the weekends? I sometimes take a car or two out to the show on Hampton and Power (Saturday afternonons). Maybe I will see you there. Original laquer is workable so there may be some things you can do to help the paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.