Pontiac GTO Forum - View Single Post - '68 GTO resto... Mad Max meets Pro-Tour
View Single Post
post #83 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
curtis.smith68

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I began prepping my "holey" hood for primer and paint as my search for a used replacement continues...

p.s. if anyone reading this has one or knows of a 68-70 GTO hood within a reasonable drive from the state of NY drop me a line...

I needed to test fit the hood to see if I was going to even be able to get it to close with my current intake/carb/filter setup and damn was it close! I did close it all the way and measured less than an inch clearance from the front of the filter to where the hood would have been had there not been a gaping hole... So I will probably shoot this one with epoxy primer at the least on the next nice weekend along with my Carousel Red spoiler.

I'm trying to choose the final paint and it's between John Deere Blitz Black, KemFX Single Stage Satin Hot Rod Black Urethane, Eastwood Rat Rod Satin Black 3:1 Single Stage Paint or TCP Boulevard Black - Hot Rod Flatz Urethane Automotive Flat Car Paint.

I'm leaning towards the John Deere. The depth of black, amount of sheen when both the thinner and harder are used is right on with what I'm looking for plus it's for farm equipment so I know it will hold up to some abuse. It's the only one that isn't a single stage urethane, I believe and seems to be very forgiving as a shoot in your driveway type paint as it sets up extremely fast.

[IMG]Untitled by paradox_69_666, on Flickr[/IMG]

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome