Pontiac GTO Forum banner

no more Edelbrock dual quads?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  michaelfind 
#1 ·
Is it true that Edelbrock is no longer making the P65 or 54501 dual quad manifold for Pontiacs? Are there other aluminum stock height dual quad manifolds being manufactured?
Thanks for any help.

#5 ·
im running the Offy with dual 600 demons for clearance. even had to put 1" risers to make the seal on the RA pan. Like GeeTee says it gives you all the power youll ever need on the street. it takes a minute to get the carbs right and the sequence bar adjusted. Also learn to not just floor the pedal, the single stage tends to like to be eased into not to say it wont still shred a tire without brake from a 20 roll. with that said and the carbs right it accelerates like a 500hp sewing machine, carbs coming on between the shift in sequence, and pulls like an elephant all the way through up and past 100, torque at hand is a wonderful thing.

Attachments

#6 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I do see lots it the offenhauser manifolds available. I may end up using the after all. I believe the offy is single plane. Is that right. The edelbrock is dual plane and I have read that is best for keeping the power band in the lower ramp range. Good to know on the hood clearance too. Instig8ter, I love the photos. I still can't tell how you attached the top part of the ram air pan to the bottom part you fabricated. What did you use?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.