1Likes
  • 1 Post By tallen4392

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1970 gto turn signals

HI i have a tough one 1970 gto turn signals only work on right side of car. when left is on dont work but you can hear the new flasher going very fast.. but no signals or indicator light on dash i put in new turn signal switch new bulbs.. the strange thing is when i turn on parking lights they will work very fast and the reverse light also flashes along with with the dash lights the right side no problem i checked the grounds also any ideas at all...thanks
Pinion head likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 12:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallen4392 View Post
HI i have a tough one 1970 gto turn signals only work on right side of car. when left is on dont work but you can hear the new flasher going very fast.. but no signals or indicator light on dash i put in new turn signal switch new bulbs.. the strange thing is when i turn on parking lights they will work very fast and the reverse light also flashes along with with the dash lights the right side no problem i checked the grounds also any ideas at all...thanks
Electrical issues can be a real Hillary Rodham and what you describe is almost always due to a bad ground. The turn signal system is a hot system so get out your electrical checker and start checking grounds (again). My advise is to recheck everything.
> Make sure you have the correct bulbs (BTW: LED bulbs require an LED flasher).
> Make sure you have the correct flasher.
> Make sure the connections are all clean (you can purchase dielectric grease at your local auto parts store to improve the connections).
Bulbs lighting when they're not supposed to (i.e. Your reverse light) is a clear indication of a bad ground. There are ground wires in the trunk area as well as the front bumper area. The first ground I like to check is the one in the trunk that attaches to the trunk latch support.

"Honest Honey, it just kinda followed me home, can I keep it?"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info i checked the grounds in the trunk all ok when you say the correct flasher i did not think there were choices i grabed the 2 prong flashers from napa are there different ones let me know please when the left blinker is on the flasher gets very very hot thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Forum Help > Gtoforum.com Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in