User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
30 post required?

I see that someone decided it was a GREAT idea (NOT) to make it a requirement to have 30 post to view or post in the for sale section. Really? 30 post to view!

Ok, I have been a member since July 2007. I now have 32(?) post and still can not view the for sale section. I can't even view the thread that I started in the for sale section.

Can someone please fix this, or just delete my account. It's hardly worth the hoops and barrels. There are plenty of other GTO forums, why run off or make it difficult for the users that you do have.

end of rant

Thanks, Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tom, we're working out the bugs, please be patient. This is something new we're implementing to ward off the "bad people" and at the same time protect our loyal members. I'll forward your issues to the Admins....

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:15 PM

Sorry. What "Bad People"? Corvette Forum has 258,737 members and has no such rule. They don't even show the Users number of posts. They realize that all you have to do is response with "Nice Car", "Free Bump" or some other meaningless piece of information 30 times. The Good and Bad(?) people know that. And you can't banned anyone because most people have more than one e-mail address or can get another one for free. I join forums for information and to support paying vendor's on the forum. Not communicate with other members. This is just my opinion.

2003 Silverado SS - Arrival Blue.
2006 GTO - Cyclone Grey. * FOR SALE *
2009 Z06 - Cyber Grey.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:46 PM

The other goat forum I'm a member of that I never visit anymore because it's got a rude no-holds-barred drunken bar boxing mentality where anything goes has a rule where you have to make 100 posts before you can sell something. So, I started making 1 and 2 word b.s. posts here and there, "I agree" etc. etc. to get to the 100, but by then, my heads had already sold over here on this forum. 30 is not a high number.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

this is acceptable. But the issue of my screen name being linked to the user account of ShAnE's2005GtO simply because we both use an apostrophe in our screen names is unacceptable.

Pontiac GTO Forum - View Profile: ShAnE's2005GtO
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Tom, it's probably been that way for 3.5 years and you're just noticing it now? All I can say is the Admins are aware of this issue. Yours isn't the first......

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Seems like there are other screen names that are cross-linked somehow! Not mine .... but click on BLUEDIAMOND6.0 last activity on 01/09/2011 thread https://www.gtoforum.com/f2/what-do-2006-gto-mods-30745/ .... and you will get to Screen Name/Profile of 02x50 with last activity on 08-24-2004.

Pontiac GTO Forum - View Profile: 02x50 What is the deal with this?

I also am a fan of this forum but am posting only on threads of intrest and not to reach a quota of 30 posts. I have also read some other forums, mainly New Age GTO, LS1 Tech and LS1GTO Forums and they don't seem to have as many dedicated GTO members but have much much more BS and bickering than this forum. I want to congratulate the moderators of the GTOForum.com site for keeping it the best tech and classified site on the web. I also agree that putting a restriction on the classifieds portion of the site is not helpful to attracting new GTO owners that will keep this site strong.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
The other goat forum I'm a member of that I never visit anymore because it's got a rude no-holds-barred drunken bar boxing mentality where anything goes has a rule where you have to make 100 posts before you can sell something. So, I started making 1 and 2 word b.s. posts here and there, "I agree" etc. etc. to get to the 100, but by then, my heads had already sold over here on this forum. 30 is not a high number.
I agree. This is post 10, only twenty to go.

2003 Silverado SS - Arrival Blue.
2006 GTO - Cyclone Grey. * FOR SALE *
2009 Z06 - Cyber Grey.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 05:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 555cic4 View Post
I agree. This is post 10, only twenty to go.
By your sig your selling the GTO anyway, so how dedicated to the GTO's really are you?? JK>.

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
You can read my response at this link: https://www.gtoforum.com/f14/classifi...66/#post257021

This rule has been LONG overdue. This only effects newb's. Anyone that wants to complain about it, put yourself in the place of the 2 members that were scammed out of their money.
We are requesting to the administrator to impose a 30 day rule of being a member here. It wouldn't matter if the post count was 10 15 or 30 people are going to complain, thats the way it is.

I cannot count how many PM's I got from members questioning with concern the sellers on here from 0 to a handful of posts, and why don't we have a minimum. NOW we DO.

If you are new here and are peeved about not being able to unload a part or a car go to the other forum and post up. Not only will it not be allowed but people get trashed by others on what they are selling. We DO NOT allow that behavior here.

This forum IS NOT a dumping ground and it has been becoming one, we are putting a stop to it. This is NOT the vette forum, or the Honda forum what they do there has no bearing here. This rule is here to stay, and as 68 said the administrators are working on the glitches and will be making adjustments as we feel necessary. For the record, I wanted a 50 minimum post, 30 was opted for.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Forum Help > Gtoforum.com Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in