Pic problems - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pic problems

I am looking for someone who can explain to me how to post pics and a pic for my avatar. I can't figure it out, when I try to upload a pic from my current downloads in my mac it just says failure because of pic size, I don't know how to change pic to correct size. Also how do you put videos In your threads? Please help(computer illiterate), thanks kirk...

2006 m6 cyclone grey spintech k&n typhoon intake and a very heavy foot!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather be a conservative nut job, than a liberal with no nuts and no job. keep working hard america, millions on welfare depend on you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
You will have to resize your avatar picture. You have to do it in your photo program, if you have photobucket you can resize them there, if you don't have it you can upload photobucket (its free) and follow the instructions. Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

By using photobucket all ya gotta do is copy the direct link. Click on the little square little box above in this dialog box and paste the URL in that box. (delete the http:// that is in the box when it opens up first)

If you have a VID you have to save it as a file and upload it as a file. If you want to place a VID from say Youtube: Just drag the url into the dialog box.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
You will have to resize your avatar picture. You have to do it in your photo program, if you have photobucket you can resize them there, if you don't have it you can upload photobucket (its free) and follow the instructions. Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

By using photobucket all ya gotta do is copy the direct link. Click on the little square little box above in this dialog box and paste the URL in that box. (delete the http:// that is in the box when it opens up first)

If you have a VID you have to save it as a file and upload it as a file. If you want to place a VID from say Youtube: Just drag the url into the dialog box.
hey judge, i figured out how to do the photobucket pics resizing, but i still cannot figure out how to take that pic and tranfer it to the avatar. i do not see a little square box in the dialog box and i dont understand what you mean by url? please bear with me im not computer savvy ha ha at all! if you could walk me thru this by telling me how to move pic from photobucket to avatar i would greatly appreciate it, and if your just fed up thats cool to!!!

2006 m6 cyclone grey spintech k&n typhoon intake and a very heavy foot!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather be a conservative nut job, than a liberal with no nuts and no job. keep working hard america, millions on welfare depend on you.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk rubin View Post
hey judge, i figured out how to do the photobucket pics resizing, but i still cannot figure out how to take that pic and tranfer it to the avatar. i do not see a little square box in the dialog box and i dont understand what you mean by url? please bear with me im not computer savvy ha ha at all! if you could walk me thru this by telling me how to move pic from photobucket to avatar i would greatly appreciate it, and if your just fed up thats cool to!!!
OK....
Go to your user control panel and bring up your avatar selection.
You will see 2 boxes, option 1 is where you paste the url which is the link to the site >>"url=http://www" or option 2 is where you upload one of your pics.

Go to your photobucket and select the pic you want to use, beneath that pic a small box will appear you will see a Direct Link. Beside the direct link is the url. Left click on it once it will be highlighted in blue. Then right click and select copy.

Go back to your avatar selection and in option 1 paste that url in that box. Either delete the "http://www" or paste it over top of it. Then click save changes. It should work.

www.gtoaa.org

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2009, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
OK....
Go to your user control panel and bring up your avatar selection.
You will see 2 boxes, option 1 is where you paste the url which is the link to the site >>"url=http://www" or option 2 is where you upload one of your pics.

Go to your photobucket and select the pic you want to use, beneath that pic a small box will appear you will see a Direct Link. Beside the direct link is the url. Left click on it once it will be highlighted in blue. Then right click and select copy.

Go back to your avatar selection and in option 1 paste that url in that box. Either delete the "http://www" or paste it over top of it. Then click save changes. It should work.
thank you mr.gtojudge but i must face the facts that i cannot figure this [email protected]##$ng thing out, when i click on the url of the photo in photobucket it says copied,but i dont know where its copied to. so i tried to write it in the selection box option 2 on the avatar box and it comes back bad url! well i guess theres no question ,i do have a 2006 cyclone grey gto which looks just like the next guys cyclone grey 2006 gto so i suppose a picture is pointless. thanks again for your help. hey i just got a nice self portrait on there...i did it..thanks man!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk rubin View Post
thank you mr.gtojudge but i must face the facts that i cannot figure this [email protected]## thing out, when i click on the url of the photo in photobucket it says copied,but i dont know where its copied to. so i tried to write it in the selection box option 2 on the avatar box and it comes back bad url! well i guess theres no question ,i do have a 2006 cyclone grey gto which looks just like the next guys cyclone grey 2006 gto so i suppose a picture is pointless. thanks again for your help. hey i just got a nice self portrait on there...i did it..thanks man!
When you copy it, it goes to your clip board. Try pasting it in option 1 NOT option 2. Option 2 is for uploading the file from where you have the pic stored on your computer. You are very close to getting this right.

www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > GTO Forum Help > Gtoforum.com Site Help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in