Hello? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello?

Man, I hear crickets in here. No big car fans? I love em and thought this would be busier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, a shame. I love most all Pontiacs but the big ones from the 50's and 60's are awesome cars.

I have a good friend who has a 65 Catalina four door post car that is a 60's mild custom. It is a beautiful dark blue with a tri tone blue and white interior that also has a hard running 389. I know he's on the H.A.M.B site but I'll see if I can swing him over here long enough to post some pictures.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hey, a new section of the forums, I have been gone too long!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALKYGTO View Post
Yeah, a shame. I love most all Pontiacs but the big ones from the 50's and 60's are awesome cars.

I have a good friend who has a 65 Catalina four door post car that is a 60's mild custom. It is a beautiful dark blue with a tri tone blue and white interior that also has a hard running 389. I know he's on the H.A.M.B site but I'll see if I can swing him over here long enough to post some pictures.
Before I restored my'66 GTO 20 some years ago I had bought a 1965 Grand Prix with a 4 speed to restore. I was living in a small ranch house and just getting the car in the garage was tight, much less having much room to work on it so I flipped it. Still considered that one that got away. I took the rear fender skirts off and it actually had really nice lines, and I love the 3 round gauges on the dash ('66 went squarish : (). Someday we'll meet again......
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 08:55 AM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Garage
I love the full size cars. I have mentioned before my brother's nightshade green, black vinyl, white interior, Rally II's, '68 Bonneville purchased from the original owner. 400CI/TH400/posi. Fast. I did some minor wheel well patches and repainted it as one of my project cars while I was in autobody school out of high school. I posted a picture in the photo section. That car was beautiful and I loved the tail lights and the "fastback" look. It had a better nose than the '67 and hidden headlights from a '68 GP would have been perfect. I still think of that car today, but it is long gone.

Would take a big car in a heartbeat, but like any Pontiac, harder to come by and an arm and a leg for anything that isn't a rust bucket. I occasionally look for '68 Bonnevilles just to see what is out there and the prices.

I am not an artist by any means, but I drew up this straight axle drag car when I was about 23. Chopped the top a bit, up in the air attitude with the wheels hanging out the rear wells, straight axle, front bumper delete.

The drawing above is my version of a custom '68 GTO sedan delivery. Can you tell I like customs?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pontiac drag car & custom.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	63833  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 06:04 PM

I have had 3 olds 98's 1974, 1979, 1982. Also had a 1965 Catalina 4 door post car, I own now a 66 Impala SS I do like the big cars. There are a few good FaceCrack pages about B-body even just Pontiac B's.

66 GTO 4bbl power windows A/C auto
67 GTO H.O. Convert 4spd
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015, 09:32 PM

need to rebuild my current 1974 455 tripower with super t 10 4 speed and 3.73 posi 10 bolt but mechanic is afraid it will need boring past .40 as i dont know the history of engine. Might need a whole new block and rather than go thru all that hassle i need an already built engine ready to go. I can go 14.96 @ 95 mph with current 455 but it smokes and leaks oil so new engine needs to get me into the 13s. Found one on craigslist that is a fresh rebuild never run 400 dated b123 (1973). Has 400 stamped on it and casting 481988. Builder kept original crank and rods and bored .030 over. #142 heads have 202 valves, roller rockers .568 lift cam, aluminum intake. Trans is rebuilt with a 2,000 stall. I want to keep my tripower and 4 speed. Will this engine work well in my car with my tripower and 4 speed? Cam is awful big but dont care if it runs great. Want to drive it to track and back. Any help? Or anyone have a nice strong engine ready to go i can buy? I live in southern wisconsin. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > Pontiac B-Body Discussion (All years)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in