18 Tickets in a 70 Judge - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
18 Tickets in a 70 Judge

I don't talk much about my 70 Judge cause I do have it up for sale. Great car just doing some down sizing that's all. And my 64 is like a first LOVE!!!! But did want to share this.
It is always great to talk with a fellow Pontiac Lover! It is even doubly great to talk with one that has history with “your car”. And here is report about that. From a title search on the Judge, I knew the first owner was a Bill, in Oklahoma who bought the Judge from Paul Cameron Buick-Pontiac in Lindsay, Oklahoma. But Byron Stout Pontiac had it on their lot by October 10, 1970, so Bill could not have had it but a few months.

Byron Stout Pontiac sold it July 20th, 1971 to a David S. David had it until May 4th, 1973. Then traded it to Dave Johnson Motors. From there a John R. buys it May 17th, 1973 and after about 3-years John trades to Byron Stout Pontiac, which by now has sold and is actually Dahlinger Pontiac.

Mike K. buys it from Dahlinger Pontiac April 2nd, 1976. The Judge has 49,255 miles on it now. Mike owns it about a year to Mar. 4th, 1977. C.B. buys it on March 4th, 1977 and it was in the that family until I found it in Feb. 2003 and was able to buy it. I found the car in the corner of the garage, jacked up on all four corners under 17-years of mouse p&s and storage boxes.

The Dad of that family had driven it a few years before the son came of driving age. So, after buying all new tires he gave it to the son to drive. Two days later Dad walks around the Judge and see’s the son has burned the rear tires SLICK! Dad does the park it & jack it up on all 4 wheels speech and that’s where it was when I found it. That must have happened in 1986 ’cause that was the last time it had been tagged before I bought it.

In May of 2004 I had sent letters out to David S., John R., and Mike K. from the title search, Mike was the only reply I got. He still had pictures of it, and in fact, a set of Judge decals he had been planning on putting on. It had been repainted by then and they were missing. Which is the way I found the car. Would have loved to hear from David S. at that time, ’cause I consider him the first owner of the car. The Oklahoma guy just didn’t have long at all,maybe two months at most!

Anyway,where this is all leading up to is that David finally gave me a call in May (2010). Of course one of the first questions I always ask a previous owner is why did you part with it!!!!! And as you can guess from the title of this thread, we now know why he had to sell the car! At the time he (David) bought it from Byron Stout Pontiac, the Judge had only 1,600 miles on it. He does have lots of great memories with the Judge. The Byron Stout Pontiac dealership replaced the 4-speed tranny TWICE under warranty before sticking in the Turbo 400 and hoping he wouldn’t break it before the rest of his warranty ran out. Sounds like Byron Stout Pontiac really took great care of him.

In talking with David, as he is telling me this story, I commented something about "Sweet 16" referring to his number of tickets. He instantly corrected me, saying no,no,no, it was 18 tickets ! He then went on to say during one of his court appearances, he upset the Court Judge, as he kept referring to statements & places with "the Judge". The Court Judge then asked David's Lawyer what he was doing. David's Lawyer had to explain to the Court Judge that David's continued reference to "the Judge" was his GTO Judge, the car he drives. So the Court Judge then said it would be called a GTO and not "the Judge"from here on!!!!!!!!! If anyone wants a picture I can do that too. ENJOY, Les
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Les

Great story, you got lucky finding those guys!

Rick

post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
very nice to have some of the car's history.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 PM

Garage
Oh man... Thanks for the chuckles.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Well lets see the pictures of it from now and back then!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is what she looks like today.....When David and I talked on the phone he asked if he could come over to see her, of course I said anytime!! So the next day he came over. Man,it was a great visit.. David had tears in his eyes from from seeing his ole friend!!!! He took lots of new pictures...

David remembered calling Bill from Oklahoma. Cause, with only 1,600 miles, he wanted to know why it had been traded in.. He found out a young farm boy had talked his grandparents into buying it for him. The boy was living with the grandparents. Well after a couple weeks the granddad sees the grandson isn't keeping up with his chores as will as he had before the Judge. So, as the grandson leaves with it one afternoon, the granddad decides to follow him..

How many of you guessed where he was going? YEP! To the local 1/4 mile race track! And that was the end of Bill owning a 70 Judge. Would still like to find him one day too. Les
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-18-2010, 08:00 AM

Garage
With 18 tickets, I hope you didn't let him drive! But, I bet he could drive the hell out of it and show you what the old girl really has.
That's some great stories, I would keep that car forever..

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 08:40 AM

Ive owned alot of cars. And Ive always thought, "if this car could talk, I bet it could tell some stories". Apparently yours does talk. You know more about that car than most ppl know about their car, unless they bought it brand new.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

David, was telling me when He & his Dad went to the dealership to buy. He got to take the Judge out on the test drive by himself. He was sure if Dad had been on that test drive he would not have ended up with it..... Good thing Dad was still doing some wheeling & dealing over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Les
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 AM

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing it. Everyone of our cars probably has some great stories. Your car had the rare opportunity to tell its.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in