1968 GTO parts - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
1968 GTO parts

I am doing a frame off on a 1968 convertible GTO and new to this. I have looked at several places for parts and OPGI tends to be high comparable to them but I also see them in a lot of places being used. I am not a low cost buyer but rather quality. is there something I should know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Tim, welcome. While I prefer Ames Performance Engineering, I have used OPGI for 68 GTO parts. I think the parts from both are generally the same quality. Sometimes it is not as good as you would like. Ames does inform you of customer feedback they have received about the quality of parts. OPGI might do that as well, I don't know. "You get what you pay for" applies to this industry IMO. Bust of luck, Matt

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OPGI can be a little higher on some things, but may have something that someone else doesn't.
My main sources are Ames and Performance years. The feedback in the Ames catalog is usually pretty helpful, but their shipping can sometimes be a bit high. The technical ability for the person on the other end of the phone there is not as good as it was years ago. Sometimes you can get someone that really knows these cars cold, other times the person doesn't have a clue.
Performance years is a bit more consistent and their shipping is usually a bit cheaper for me.
One might be a buck or two higher on one item, but that much cheaper on another.
I find that the quality of the parts seems to be about the same from almost everyone. They likely get the stuff from the same suppliers.
What I normally do is make a list of what I need to order, total it up from the catalog prices, and then go with whoever is cheaper.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks guys. Kind of what I thought but had to ask.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in