'66 GTO original owner - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
'66 GTO original owner

I was the original owner of a '66 GTO hardtop and would like to find the current owner of the car. I'm not interested in re-purchasing it, but simply in making contact with the current owner to provide details of the five years I enjoyed the car.

It's a hard-top, originally white with a maroon top and with a three-speed Hurst shifter. VIN 242176Z129082. I bought the car new from Westward Pontiac in Phoenix in 1966, and sold it in 1971 in Big Spring, Texas to another member of the USAF. Please post, PM, or e-mail me if you have info.

Here's the car just after I bought it (and me 45 years younger and a few pounds lighter!).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	16-078 (3).jpg
Views:	2428
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	10053  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 10:14 PM

Good luck! Great photo. I am the 4th owner of my 68 and was able to track down the 2nd owner a few years back. We spent an hour on the phone and he had some really great stories about the car that he once owned from 71-84. Although he had no photos I sent him one I had although it had a color change . I sure if you find the owner he will be happy to share stories.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
welcome, hope he finds you GT, i have been trying to find the first owner of my Tempest, no luck so far, i am third owner will only be second on title. Love the pic too, nice to see them as they came from the factory.

1966 Tempest pictures by instg8ter - Photobucket

Brian

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400fitz View Post
Good luck! Great photo. I am the 4th owner of my 68 and was able to track down the 2nd owner a few years back. We spent an hour on the phone and he had some really great stories about the car that he once owned from 71-84. Although he had no photos I sent him one I had although it had a color change . I sure if you find the owner he will be happy to share stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instg8ter View Post
welcome, hope he finds you GT, i have been trying to find the first owner of my Tempest, no luck so far, i am third owner will only be second on title. Love the pic too, nice to see them as they came from the factory.

1966 Tempest pictures by instg8ter - Photobucket

Brian
Thanks! After years of searching for a '66 Jaguar E-Type I once owned (and like the GTO, foolishly sold!), I found it a few years ago in Switzerland by Googling the chassis number. Almost unbelievably, the first hit had the owner's e-mail. I didn't think I even had the GTO's VIN until I ran across an old registration today - but no luck when I Googled the VIN. The happy ending on the Jag was that I became good friends with the current owner, and was able to go drive it with him in the Swiss Alps. If my old GTO still exists, I hope the current owner is having as much fun with it as I did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in