• 2 Post By chopolds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
67 GTO Radiator Core Support

Looking for any pictures or diagrams of the radiator core support mounting to the frame for my 67 GTO. I put it on with just the bushings, but it seems like it leans too far forward. Any photos of what needs to be going on, or any assembly diagrams that show WTF needs to be done would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
The number of lower washers/shims will vary upon final fitment of fender and grill assembly.
BCKHNTR likes this.

GTO Jr. - A.K.A. SPRINT 6
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
When bolted on, the top of the rad support should be quite flexible, front to back. The fenders are what holds then straight up, as well as the inner wheel wells. Sounds funny, but each is relatively 'weak'
until they are all bolted together.
BCKHNTR and 67King like this.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
GTOJUNIOR - Can you send me that assembly sheet please? I sent you a private message.

I tried clicking on it to enlarge, but it won't let me. That looks to be a very helpful sheet. What manual is that in? I have the 1967 Lemans/GTO Tempest Assembly Manual, Fisher Body Manual, and the Service Manual, but none of them have it in there that I could find. Also the assembly manual has some VERY hard to read sheets because it is a copy of old drawings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in