ames G30 cover - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
ames G30 cover

got the new ames perf. G30 catalog in the mail today. love the red '64 on the cover ( 50th anniversary ). a red '64 royal bobcat at the age of 18 got me hooked on these awesome machines. very nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 11:10 AM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Funny how a fleeting glimpse at a certain thing will burn a photograph/impression in your mind that won't fade with age. I remember a few from early childhood, one of which was the white 4 speed shift knob on top of a chrome Hurst shifter in a neighbor's '65 Corvair Corsa ragtop. I stared in wonder at the black shift pattern on the top of the ivory knob, and knew instinctively, at age 5, that somehow all REAL cars HAD to have one of these things sticking out of the floor.....and that the column shift/automatic on our own Ford Galaxie was lame. Thanks for posting, Rick.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 11:50 AM

Location: Gastonia, NC - Born & raised in Connecticut - 31 years
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Garage
My latest OPGI catalog also has a red (maroon) 1964 GTO, poverty hubcaps, redline tires, tinted glass. Awesome 3/4 shot from the front. I don't care for the '64's, but this one seems to change that sentiment.

I recall as a kid of around 8 or so (1967) watching this rumbling black Vette fastback go by our house on the main road that we lived next to. I would see it periodically, but it impressed me enough to ask my dad what it was as it went down the road one day. I recall he said it was a 1965 Vette. I wanted one of those. My favorite has to be the 1967 427 4-sp fastback Vette with that hood scoop, racing stripe, and 427 emblem on the hood. I like the other years, but the'67 would be my pick in Vettes when I win the lottery.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
When I was in the Navy back in '78, I spotted a '64 GTO, silver(?), 389 4-bbl, 4-spd for sale at the Groton submarine base. The guy wanted $1,500 for it. I couldn't sleep for three days, but in the end it was two months salary I couldn't spare at the time. I don't pretend my LeMans is GTO, but I love the body lines, and for half the money I'm pretty happy to have it 35 years later.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I remember like it was yesterday begging my mom n dad to let me buy my '64 at the dinner table. he told me if I was going to pay $600. for a '64 Pontiac, that I was getting ripped off. I tried to explain to him that this car was not "just an old Pontiac". I said " dad, this is a special sports car with a 4-speed transmission. it even has 3 carburetors!" he replied "I don't give a s**t how many carburetors it has." LOL. he finally said ok, but still thought I was getting ripped off. you cant even buy ONE of the hurst mags it had for $600. today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in