Any 71 Fans On This Board? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
 
OVERULD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any 71 Fans On This Board?

Hey guys,

New to the board, first post. I'm a regular over on the PY Forum, posting there as OVERULD also. I'm in the Atlanta area and have been a Pontiac nut for most of my adult life. First car was a brand new 71 LeMans, Lucy Blue, White painted top, blue guts, bench, column shift, 350 2BBL. Loved that car at age 16 as a junior in High School. Next Poncho was a 74 Formula 455 in Fire Coral Bronze. Had the D-port motor, TH400, custom beige interior, and man would it fly! Also had a 94 Bonneville SLE, Red/Tan. Then a couple of Transport/Montanna married-man vans.

Finally got myself a GTO in Sept 2006 - 71 Lemans/GTO/Judge Clone - Lucy Blue, parchment interior. Just sold it.

My "real" GTO is shown in my Avatar - a numbers matching 71 455 H.O. with M22 4-spd, posi, AC, AM/FM Stereo, 8-Track, all original sheetmetal, survivor. Most of its original Cameo White paint with mint condition Jade Green interior. I am the fifth owner. The car spent most of its life in Texas and California. The formula steering wheel and Judge package were added by previous owners.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and let all the 71 fans know I'm on the boards. Look forward to hearing from you.

BJ

Can You Say: "Ram Air" ?

1971 GTO, 455 H.O., Ram Air, M22 4-Speed, Original Survivor, Cameo White with Jade Green Interior, Judge Package Added.

2008 G8 GT (On Order) Ignition Orange Metallic, Sport Option, Premium Option, Sunroof.
OVERULD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Administrator
 
05GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Deliverance, GA
Posts: 5,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Welcome to GTOforum from a GA native,

Randy


05GTO is online now  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Former Super Moderator
 
Rukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Central Wisconsin
Posts: 9,919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Welcome to the forums.
Rukee is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 03:37 AM
 
Showgoat67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Showgoat67 Send a message via MSN to Showgoat67
welcome and nice car i am into the 65-67's but always love to see a nice gto.

If it isnt a GTO then why are you driving it.[email protected]
Showgoat67 is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 04:37 AM
 
raspantienator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: BREWSTER, NY
Posts: 1,448
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did your 74 Formula 455 have 4 bolt mains along with that D port....a rare motor!

I sold my 74 Trans Am last October with the Turbo Trans-decided not to throw anymore money at it.
I've always been a fan of the LeMans too.

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by raspantienator; 02-21-2008 at 04:40 AM.
raspantienator is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 06:56 AM
 
ppurfield001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Hey guys,

New to the board, first post. I'm a regular over on the PY Forum, posting there as OVERULD also. I'm in the Atlanta area and have been a Pontiac nut for most of my adult life. First car was a brand new 71 LeMans, Lucy Blue, White painted top, blue guts, bench, column shift, 350 2BBL. Loved that car at age 16 as a junior in High School. Next Poncho was a 74 Formula 455 in Fire Coral Bronze. Had the D-port motor, TH400, custom beige interior, and man would it fly! Also had a 94 Bonneville SLE, Red/Tan. Then a couple of Transport/Montanna married-man vans.

Finally got myself a GTO in Sept 2006 - 71 Lemans/GTO/Judge Clone - Lucy Blue, parchment interior. Just sold it.

My "real" GTO is shown in my Avatar - a numbers matching 71 455 H.O. with M22 4-spd, posi, AC, AM/FM Stereo, 8-Track, all original sheetmetal, survivor. Most of its original Cameo White paint with mint condition Jade Green interior. I am the fifth owner. The car spent most of its life in Texas and California. The formula steering wheel and Judge package were added by previous owners.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and let all the 71 fans know I'm on the boards. Look forward to hearing from you.

BJ
I'm a '67 goat fan, but your car looks great. Welcome to the herd.

ppurfield001 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just got my 1st GTO. 71 400 4spd car. I am trying to get it back to stock. Having a heck of a time finding a 10 bolt pinion yoke for it? Is this a rare part? I am assuming the existing yoke is stock but 2 of the corners that hold the strap bolts are crumbling. I am hoping to get some help form someone with experience. Maybe a part number or website or sometnig, Thanks, and welcome.
Baknaz is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
 
OVERULD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baknaz View Post
Just got my 1st GTO. 71 400 4spd car. I am trying to get it back to stock. Having a heck of a time finding a 10 bolt pinion yoke for it? Is this a rare part? I am assuming the existing yoke is stock but 2 of the corners that hold the strap bolts are crumbling. I am hoping to get some help form someone with experience. Maybe a part number or website or sometnig, Thanks, and welcome.
You might want to try Randy's Ring and Pinion

Randy's Ring & Pinion

If you don't have any luck there, try posting on the Performance Years Forum, there are some really knowledgable guys over there. I had to replace a pinion seal on one of my 71's but didn't have any problem finding that part. I haven't had to replace a pinion yoke, so I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance.

BJ

Can You Say: "Ram Air" ?

1971 GTO, 455 H.O., Ram Air, M22 4-Speed, Original Survivor, Cameo White with Jade Green Interior, Judge Package Added.

2008 G8 GT (On Order) Ignition Orange Metallic, Sport Option, Premium Option, Sunroof.
OVERULD is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
 
OVERULD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raspantienator View Post
Did your 74 Formula 455 have 4 bolt mains along with that D port....a rare motor!

I sold my 74 Trans Am last October with the Turbo Trans-decided not to throw anymore money at it.
I've always been a fan of the LeMans too.

Welcome to the forum!
My 74 had a D-Port 455 but I don't know what sort of mains it had. I do remember that it would FLY! I was probably 20 years old when I bought it; let a fast-talking used car salesman named Yogi talk me into buying it on credit and then later couldn't make the payments. I was going into the Air Force, and wasn't sure where I'd be stationed, so rather than let the bank repossess it I drove it to the bank, walked in and gave them the keys. I told them my story and they said thanks, we'll sell it through wholesale auction and pay off the loan with the proceeds, and that's the last I ever saw that car. I would love to have it back now! I did somehow manage to keep the original window sticker which I've posted below. If ayone ever runs across this car, let me know!

BJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74 Pontiac Formula 455 Window Sticker Resized.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	2375  

Can You Say: "Ram Air" ?

1971 GTO, 455 H.O., Ram Air, M22 4-Speed, Original Survivor, Cameo White with Jade Green Interior, Judge Package Added.

2008 G8 GT (On Order) Ignition Orange Metallic, Sport Option, Premium Option, Sunroof.
OVERULD is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
 
OVERULD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here are some pics of my 71 455 H.O. car.

BJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71 White HO.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	2376   Click image for larger version

Name:	2003_012671HOdocs0026.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	2377   Click image for larger version

Name:	2003_012671HOdocs0028.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	2378   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3395.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	2379   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3397.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	2380  


Can You Say: "Ram Air" ?

1971 GTO, 455 H.O., Ram Air, M22 4-Speed, Original Survivor, Cameo White with Jade Green Interior, Judge Package Added.

2008 G8 GT (On Order) Ignition Orange Metallic, Sport Option, Premium Option, Sunroof.
OVERULD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new to the board Str8evl Member Introductions 7 02-13-2008 08:12 PM
ON BOARD Video camera LOWET Service, Maintenance and Technical Discussion 12 11-27-2007 06:46 AM
Any Halo 2 fans out there? GTODEALER The Lounge 10 09-22-2005 09:38 AM
New to Board (Houston Area) LS2Bluegoat Southwest 11 08-26-2005 02:25 PM
M5 board members... sboylan 2004-2006 GTO General Discussion 0 05-02-2005 06:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome