User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Automobiles Anonymous

My wife said I'm addicted to my cars and that I should get in a program for some help. I told her the only help I need is block sanding and color sanding. Maybe I should start a non-profit organization to help pay for stuff though. With Obama still in office I think I have a pretty good shot at getting the paperwork through as long as I can show I'm spending more then I'm receiving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
"My name is Brian and I am a Pontiaholic"......LOL Cop....yeah help block and color sanding would have been nice, but you know you would be going over any part someone else did anyways...., heck i even went back over my own work because i don't trust myself. we are all fanatics when it comes to our Pontiacs
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
My wife never really bothers me about the car.....she sees that it is one of the few things that I enjoy......It could be worse, I remind her....drugs,girls, liquor,a new puppy, etc....

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 12:18 PM

When you get to the point of owning so many you have to write them down to remember them all, then you and the wife have my sympathy. Until that point feel fortunate that there are others with it worse, they have the inability to pass up any old beater if they have the cash in their pocket.

Hi I am Todd, I have a car problem. I dont see it as a problem but others do. I think that is why I rarely sell one, it keeps that car from being a problem for someone else.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Torque > Crack, liquor, weed, food.

The sight, sound, smell and feel of a vintage automobile is truly a drug. Kinda wierd the emotion you can tie to an automobile. I tell myself sometimes it's just sheetmetal, glass and rubber but yet..... I can't walk past it in the garage without looking at it. The feelings you even get seeing a nice car pass going in the oposite direction. Checking out the details on someone elses ride, whether it's nice or even picking out the imperfections (jealousy?) I'm inexplicably drawn to some automobiles.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 09:44 PM

I just got a "fix" (no pun intended) by coming to the forum.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 09:46 PM

It always makes me feel better when I see the first muscle car or hotrod each spring. This year it was a Chevelle, last year a Nova. Next year I want to be the first one out driving around, making noise and having people crank their heads around to see what it was. I cant drive around without looking in everyones back yards for old cars, a grille, taillight, or a fender lurking back there gets my attention.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
lol Thump'in, I took the backroads home from Indy last month scanning the weeds for barn cars. Have a guy i bug every summer when i see his open garage door with a 67' GTO covered in boxes and junk the grille the only part visible any more...."he is gonna restore it". meanwhile what appeared to be a nice driver 6 years ago is rotting away....is that like drug abuse?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thumpen...I totally agree...that's my favorite part of classic cars is finding the "forgotten" treasures...I found my 65 Falcon Convertible sitting behind a pile of race car parts when me and a friend went to drop off a motor he built for the guy. Paid $1500 cause the guy said it didn't run and it wasn't worth it to him to figure out what was wrong. Ended up who ever rebuild the engine last didn't stake the bolts on a connecting rod and it came off the crank. No damage to the block, crank or rod, just needed new bolts and proper installation. Found my 67 Mustang Coupe on the side of a house behind a old camper. Kid went off to college and left the car on the street. It racked up $2700 in parking tickets and the kid couldn't pay them. All I had to do was go pay his parking tickets and he signed the title over to me. Needed new paint, suspension, tires and brakes but otherwise was in pretty good condition. The GTO is the best though. Driving in the foothills of a retirement town in Arizona. A guy was putting a "for sale" sign in the window that simply said "1967 Pontiac $7500 obo" hit the brakes, checked the VIN and wrote the check on the spot. Ended up the guy loaned a friend $7500 to help pay for his wife's funeral and gave the car as collateral. The original owner died before he could pay back the money and he only wanted the money he loaned. The man that I bought it from was not a car enthusiast and didn't care to be. Car was bought and paid for in Tucson, Arizona and delivered to Yuma. 96,000 original miles with factory A/C and all the documents were still there, guy even kept a maintenance log. Unfortunately it had been in an accident at one point and the the repair job was less then ideal. Frame was not the correct year and it had the wrong rear axel. The passenger door was off a tempest too, the door panel they didn't change was the first clue. The hood was a tempest or lemans too.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 03:07 AM

I hate to say this but I owned 31 cars and 2 boats 5 years ago.... yikes! I chopped that down to 11cars and no boats. Moved back to Ohio built a huge barn with plenty of room for them all. I get a new neighbor last year that use to own a body shop and likes boats, cars, backhoes, tractors, dump trucks, and RV. I let him put 4 boats and a 36 ft RV in the barn for winter. The wife found out and said I am not aloud next door to play any more because he is a bad influence. Well she works 12hour days

66 GTO 4bbl power windows A/C auto
67 GTO H.O. Convert 4spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in