back at it - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
back at it

After a brutal work schedule for the last three months I will finally be able to start installing the garage full of parts I've ordered. 1st up is my new hood tac, see if it's accurate personally don't want the hood and dash mounted tac. But had the original rebuilt still is off, bought one ment for hei, also off. Cheap peice of crap from auto zone works. Few more wiring issues to work out but got most of it done. Then on to the suspension new rear rims and tires and a few Lil things. Hopefully all bugs will be worked out and I will have it on the strip 1st week of January. Went with drag radials instead of bias ply, hopefully that won't bite me two hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maktope View Post
... Went with drag radials instead of bias ply, hopefully that won't bite me two hard.
Biting hard ... isn't that the whole point of drag radials?

(I run them full time on my '69. Nitto NT555's. They're light years away from a 50,000 mile tire, but my research and personal experience say that they're a decent compromise between dry traction and wet pavement grip.

'Decent' meaning you don't feel like you're driving on black ice when it's wet, but they're still going to be loose, so be careful.

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In rereading what I posted bad taste of wording. I mentioned going with the radials over the bias ply hopefully that doesn't bite me in the rear-end so to speak. Sure I just will have to dial in suspension and work my on my trans brake figure out what's the best launch point
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in