bargain 70' Judge, Orbit Orange... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
bargain 70' Judge, Orbit Orange...

A friend walked into my shop today and asked if i would be interested in a 70' Judge, Orbit Orange originally. The car belongs to one friend of his who took it apart to restore it (it was a driver prior to dis assembly)....never got around to it and ended up selling it to another friend who has never paid for it. My buddy pulled the VIN and it checks out as an original Judge, we are going to order PHS to find out the options as it is in pieces but complete less original motor and trans. The guy was gonna "fix it" and put a chevy 454 in it.... and paint it green with Chevelle SS stripes . So, we are going to try and make an offer to the original owner, and knowing the price he was supposed to get from the other guy it is literally a steal if we can pull it off. Just curious what the value would be conservatively for this car with a correct resto......sorry i am a little giddy right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Instg8ter View Post
Just curious what the value would be conservatively for this car with a correct resto......
No value at all .... not worth your time or effort....

(Checking maps to get an estimate of driving time from Garland, pulling a trailer....)

Nice score!

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks Bear, hope i can pull this one off, meant data plate in previous post, lists the color as "60" Orbit Orange, Judge only color for 70' trying to get a look at the car (parts pile) to see what the options are without arousing any suspicion, this guys a Mustang nut, he don't know what he is sitting on. I had heard he had it in pieces in the shed and have jokingly offered to buy it in the past (not knowing the original color, just that it was a GTO), or sell him my spare 455 short block so he does'nt desecrate it with a bowtie motor.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I'd say 1 MILLLLIIIOOON Dollars! It is definatelly worth going after, I wouldn't sweat the options, the judge option is the big one.. If they don't know what it is, then it is probably priced right. Condition still dictates value, but..

Burning rubber since 1982!!
My photobucket, lots of dif car pics.
http://s411.photobucket.com/home/jetstang
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 05:03 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Instg8ter: the fact that the car is a "basket case" and missing the motor and trans is a huge advantage for you. This is just the type of scenario us mechanical types are able to turn into a nice car "on the cheap". Get it if you can, take your time, and do a correct-as-you-can restoration. Judges are a whole 'nuther ball game, and are well worth the time and effort. My fingers are crossed for ya.....
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

thats the plan GeeTee....i don't need another project but if i can get this for the right price i would look at it as a long term build to factory correct, will be no rush as the Tempest will be on the road and need attention this summer. ...may have to add a bay to the shop..., but i was thinking about that anyways. will keep you posted
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 02:12 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Man, this is real exciting, I hope you end up with a nice score!

KICK THE TIRES & LIGHT THE FIRES
Dreamin of Montero Red & Parchment White '66;
2004 LS1/T-56; LMII, Skipshift del, GMM Ripshift, K&N CAI, TC AutoOff, AVIC-7000NEX
1992 Dodge Dakota LE; 5.2L Magnum
2006 Kawasaki EX250
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

have to be stealthy on this one, car is not going anywhere. talked with original owner and he is not willing to work an end around as the other guy has posession and has given him a small part of the original price, but would like (aand could use)the rest of his money from the other guy so he may exert some pressure. so the plan is order PHS, define what the car is option wise and what we would need to put in it for materials to re-build correct. We will start to feel the current owner out for pricing and when the time is right (he needs money) make him an educated offer, with a little room to move of course. keeping my fingers crossed, not in a rush as i have no where to put it until the Tempest is done.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Times are tough, the other guy might not have the money right now.
I would maybe get financing in order, figuring if the car is priced that right, maybe offer the guy his asking price plus the amount the other guy put down so he can pay it back without losing any on the price of the car. It might be enough to get the deal done.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

i got 2K in my pocket now Rukee..........thats why i am not trying to push any harder, i know what the figures were and don't want to appear too anxious. Financing the resto would not be a problem and it would be at least a two year build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in