BEWARE OF SELLER.. Pro Motion - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
BEWARE OF SELLER.. Pro Motion

HI Guys... Just passing my experience along hopefully to help help someone out. I restored my 1965 GTO to pristine condition. During the process I bought many of my parts from Pro Motion in Kapowsin, WA. The guys name is Dan. He poses as a real Christian man.. If you get his machine, you will get a religious message of the day, and are forced to listen for an exorbitant amount of time before leaving a message.... To the point:
I purchased close to $10grand worth of stuff from this man. He claims to be a Pontiac Guru. Well, i realized quickly that was suspect when on multiple attmepts he couldn't get the right shift linkages to me. Not to mention it should have already been assembled on the defective tranny he sent. Yes, the tranny was supposed to be rebuilt. It was JUNK! It was however painted to look new. Some inappropriate parts on it were even powder coated!! He went to great lenths to decieve!! I took my car to a tranny specialty shop and the guy was appauled at the condition of the tranny. He took photos of all parts and gave them to me along with the parts. My restoration shop contacted Dan. He ask for photos and parts. We sent it all to him. Now the guy won't answer calls from us or respond to messages left. Lucky it was all duplicates and sent via registered mail. WHat is owed to me amounts to over 7 grand! I thought for sure this guy would do the right thing. Nope... he's scummy and won't even return calls. I hope he's saying his prayers now bc I hired a firecracker of an attorney. Now it may be treble damages. BEWARE of PROMOTION in Kaposin. The man is a real jerk! I've never dealt with a more dishonest person!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 02:50 PM

"I'm a good Christian businessman" is akin to the old military saw "I'm here from the IG (Inspector General) and I'm here to help you". When you hear either, head for the hills.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

LOL. I'm amazed at what a jerk this guy is. even the Stereo he sold me doesn't work properly. THe steering wheel he sent me was supposed to be authentic as well....guess what!!!! yup.... Junky poor repro. I don't care if i end of paying out more money than i recuperate. I would pay money just to make sure he doesn't get away with this. He's such a coward that he won't even return answer or return calls. I live an honest life, and treat ppl well. I believe in Karma. He will get what he deserves!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Since you paid by Credit Card you are covered from fraud. You did pay by Credit Card didn't you? Surely you have read posts on here of guys getting taken across paying by cash or check and me and others stating to NEVER EVER pay by cash or check, I mean you been on this site now 19 months. If you didn't pay by CC then you put yourself in this position.

You joined this forum in January 2011 and made no contributions. Surely you have seen those on here knowledgeable on what parts to get and the best places to get them, so why didn't you ask? So now your first posts is to denounce a bad transaction?

Why would anyone shell out 10K blindly to someone for auto parts without verifiable references? I don't mean to blast you here but man, you gambled with a ton of money, and lost now an attorney who will just add more to your out of pocket when free advise and verifiable references from guys on here would have aided you. 19 months no posts no inquires? I googled up this place and I couldn't find it. Lots a luck getting your money back

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Gee buddy, sorry you have taken such offense to my post. Sorry i haven't checked in with you more regularly. Some paid by CC, some not. Normally I do due diligence in my research on any topic or purchase. This place was recommended by a friend. Like I said, I put it up to help others. Perhaps you feel it won't...feel free to take it down if you'd like. I didn't come on here to debate with you. No one's perfect and in retrospect i should have been less trusting by nature and more cautious. Sorry. But my error doesn't justify the outcome. The attorney will not cost me a dime.... It's barter. I treat his kids pro bono and in return I receive legal counsel. Is that ok.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 10:23 PM

Garage
Doc, Maybe i shouldn't butt-in here....I don't think GTO JUDGE meant anything unkind...Sometimes you should seek friendly advice, before diving into the unknown....everyone here tries to help each other out with the HOBBY.....perhaps his "bedside manner" confused a bit.......Sincerely, Eric

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
IMDR...... from time to time someone comes on here who joins this forum just to malign a business then disappears. Then we have some who join the forum years ago makes no contributions then all the sudden has a bad transaction then post what you did. Then they go back into the shadows.

There are always 2 sides to every story. You give yours, others give theirs. So we all are to take your word with no rebuttal from the business you malign?

19 months you shadow this forum. Not a single post asking advise or direction. This is what this forum is for. This is my point NOT your poor decision. You took the word from your friend? Bash your friend for giving you bad advise.

I am merely pointing out: Had you asked questions on parts and vendors all of us patronize you would have gotten sound advise and good direction. You chose not to. Fine, its your money. You had a sour experience and you then decide to get active on here, where were you when you needed advice?

I am not meaning to be unkind just pointing out you put yourself in this position. 10K worth of putting yourself in a losing position then decide to warn everyone on a guy no one heard of to begin with.

You are not the first to come in here blasting someone who cannot defend themselves you won't be the last.

Hopefully you'll be able to recoup what some of what you lost. Hope ya do.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdr911 View Post
HI Guys... Just passing my experience along hopefully to help help someone out. I restored my 1965 GTO to pristine condition. During the process I bought many of my parts from Pro Motion in Kapowsin, WA. The guys name is Dan. He poses as a real Christian man.. If you get his machine, you will get a religious message of the day, and are forced to listen for an exorbitant amount of time before leaving a message.... To the point:
I purchased close to $10grand worth of stuff from this man. He claims to be a Pontiac Guru. Well, i realized quickly that was suspect when on multiple attmepts he couldn't get the right shift linkages to me. Not to mention it should have already been assembled on the defective tranny he sent. Yes, the tranny was supposed to be rebuilt. It was JUNK! It was however painted to look new. Some inappropriate parts on it were even powder coated!! He went to great lenths to decieve!! I took my car to a tranny specialty shop and the guy was appauled at the condition of the tranny. He took photos of all parts and gave them to me along with the parts. My restoration shop contacted Dan. He ask for photos and parts. We sent it all to him. Now the guy won't answer calls from us or respond to messages left. Lucky it was all duplicates and sent via registered mail. WHat is owed to me amounts to over 7 grand! I thought for sure this guy would do the right thing. Nope... he's scummy and won't even return calls. I hope he's saying his prayers now bc I hired a firecracker of an attorney. Now it may be treble damages. BEWARE of PROMOTION in Kaposin. The man is a real jerk! I've never dealt with a more dishonest person!
I sent my GTO engine to Dan over four years ago. $12,000 later and still no engine. I sure would like to talk with you. Please email me at joh_ [email protected]
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
A couple first time transactions on E Bay left me with a sour taste. A hundred dollar part I would gamble with but much more has to be touched and viewed. Not everyone can tell with great accuracy what condition things are in ( or don't want to ) . Several states away is a great comfort zone. Besides how can one get blood from a rock ? Sorry about your dilemma , been there, most learn by experience, and it makes one more cautious in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in