Build thread - New home for the Tempest - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Build thread - New home for the Tempest

Been insanely bust the last 6 months, massive hailstorm damaged my home and everything in a 10 mile radius. Lucky i know a good contractor...lol. Well with all the work starting to pay off I decided the Tempest needs a new home and some room to breath (and maybe a sister to come, stay tuned), along with some nice work/storage space for the business. Structure is 32' x 50' with 10' sidewalls, half loft space and half full vaulted ceiling for 7' two post lift, will have office in loft, over clean room and fabrication room below. the full vaulted half will be open work space, and halfcourt basketball....

http://s1098.beta.photobucket.com/us...rary/Th%20Barn

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Brian, I'm on my way to help you utilize this new found space. This is the best Xmas gift anyone has ever gotten me Seriously, that is awesome! Super jealous my lot isn't big enough for a shop... maybe someday
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Flambeau, seeing some of that trick fab work you've been doing, your welcome any time you get up North to Michigan. I have all the parts on the floor a 91' Foxbody Mustang Go-cart i picked up for scrap money, once the facilities are done. Going to do a Saleen body kit, full chrome moly tubular front suspension, full adjustable UPR rear links, Cobra R 4 wheel 5-lug disks and rims. Body already has 8 point roll cage, zero rust on frame and shock towers, new quarters are on and primed, only thing i still need to pick op is a left fender. Goal is to be complete and on the road for under 5K (you can tell by this it's not a Pontiac..LOL) . Hoping by mid summer if i ever slow down and get some time for fun work... I am also planning on doing the Clean room for advertising photos for custom Garage/shops for car enthusiasts. Epoxy floor with the Pontiac Indianhead in the center, Rigid cabinets with stainless tops...etc. and of course the Tempest will be featured, figured i may as well target some business in a niche market, and we all know those car guys like to spend money on their hobby.

Last edited by Instg8ter; 12-31-2012 at 12:52 PM.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
That's gonna be sweet! I may take you up on that sometime!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Congrats!!! You're about to become even more productive....and you won't have to work as hard. I expanded mine, but it's smaller: 24 or 26 x 42 with a high ceiling in the front part for my lift with a big ol' roll up door. Life got a whole lot easier. Happy New Year!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	escalonrack 005.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	16427  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

I'm ready to do some wrenching GeeTee, been building mostly piles of paperwork this year and i need some hands on get dirty work. Have a GTO hood for the Tempest that must have gotten stuck at some point in time and their solution was to pry the inner hood support and latch hole like a sardine can. Need to cut out support and weld in a patch a member was gracious enough to cot out and send me. Luckily the hood skin was not marred (got it cheap). I plan to make it a functional Ram Air, with modified Tri-power pan to fit the dual Quads. Probably won't get the duals on until summer as daughter is getting married mid June and the car is in the wedding as her something blue and i dont want to be dealing with any tuning issues. Still need to take her fiance out and let him drive it a bit in Spring so he's used to it for the departure from the church, tin cans and all.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Hey Brian, nice work on the new facilities...

Good to hear from you - thought you'd died or somethin...

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Nahh Bear just making a living.... Nice Display Poster for shows you made, love that car. Gonna have the guys going balls out the next few weeks to get the place ready to move in, was hoping to be closed in by snowfall but came up a bit short because i had to wait a month for a zoning variance from the city for permits. I will post pics here as we go along... Happy New Years all...

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 04:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Very nice job Brian....Now you gotta fill it with toys! Eric

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Hey E, should have room for 5 more, Just located a 7000# two post lift that i can afford so that makes 6 with one high and low.... hope your doing ok with your insurance nightmare there Eric, been dealing with insurances and mortgages more than i care to the last few months. Had a few companies want us to come up there, but its much easier and less stressfull working in my backyard if i can.

Last edited by Instg8ter; 01-01-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in