LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Driving the "LOOP"

Went to a cruise-in last night and afterward, did something I haven't done in 36 years: Went in town and drove the local loop then hit the park where we used to congregate at. I was looking for MOPARS to dust. Didn't see any MOPARS but there was a damn "PIG" on the loop and was in front of me for both passes. Damn oinkers.

Man there were chicks everywhere!!!!!!!! Too bad I am old enough to be their grandfather

Click image for larger version

Name:	LOOP.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	15658

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Haha, sometimes i get jealous from the stories I hear from my dad about "the good ol days". If he was out cruising and the local cops saw him they'd pull up next to him and comment on how the project was coming along. He even was asked a few times to head out into the country to run the squad cars just for the fun of it. Now days if you so much as rev your engine with a cop nearby you'd probably get a ticket for being reckless or disturbing the peace or any other reason they can think of. Even if he and his buddies got caught with beer when they were underage the cops would just take it and say "it's time to head home son". I often feel like I missed out on the REAL days of Hot Rodding, and it's only gonna get worse from here on. Bummer.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Most cops here have no clue on these cars..... They are too busy keeping an eye on VW's, Honda's and other ricers.... I slide in under radar, my how times have changed....

10 gallons of gas and 140.00 running the loop now....... takes the fun out of it

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Man do I remember "the loop". Hour after hour cruising up and down mainstreet looking for chicks! It could be -30, yet the windows were down and the heater and stereo was blasting. On the one end you made a U turn. It was solid ice in winter from spinning the tires and sliding "slightly" sideways.

At one time I had a sweet '72 LeMans. Black over charcoal gray metallic(or was it other other way around? lol). Had a couple girls run down the street after me and my bro because they just had to ride in that car.

That main drag has been shut down for years. Cruising it is now illegal. I guess the kids after us started getting a little too rowdy.

BTW, our meetin' place was the National(grocery store) parking lot. If you met someone on the street you just told them to meet at National........ Ahhhhhh the memories........

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in