exhausttttttt - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
exhausttttttt

hey, im new i have a 65 tempest custom with a 326.im doing exhaust soon and i want some opinions.i want it really loud.i was thinkin headers with 3 inch and dynomax bullet mufflers.any other suggestions..anything will be appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 07:13 PM

if you want it loud you could try taking the mufflers off completely. hah
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 08:56 PM

The best exhaust I have heard in person on a Pontiac yet is Pypes Violaters. They sound just down right bad ass... You can listen to sound clips on cars even Pontiacs with 400's & 455's (click on GM 64-81 button) Pypes Performance Exhaust - Home Page

You can buy them at Performance Years Exhaust Guide

Just my 2 cents.

Brian

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
If you don`t have enough motor for 3" it won`t sound all that good. 2 1/2 inch with some performance style mufflers should do the trick.
I just ordered a complete exhaust from these guys with the original style muffler and the splitter tips and hangers. I`ll let you know how it looks when it shows up.
eBay Store - CPU Muscle Car Parts: Exhaust: 64 65 1964 1965 Chevelle Exhaust System Big Block
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2008, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

thanks..that does sound rly gooood.i have a 400 bored 30 over.it was in a t/a that ran 11s.but id rather keep it a small block lol..i think im goin with those violaters.im not doin exhaust anytime soon. still doing my tranny.the pedals i have dont fit.i didnt know 67 didnt fit 65.its 64-66..wierd lol.i wanna get original splitters on it.i love how they look with them
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 04:00 PM

Glad to be able to help ya out. Those sound clips don't do the exhaust sound justice but it at least gives you an idea what it'll sound like. Performance Years is a great company to deal with and their Pontiac parts are well priced and made with quality. By the way, that's a pretty stout 400 to do 11's in the quarter. I have a stroked 455 to 468 with ported 5C iron stock heads and it will run on pump gas mid 11's and mid 10's with NOS.

Take care.
Brian
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

nice,yea im not sure if itll run though.the car sat for almost 15 years.it was totally restored subframe off resto.the guy just lost interest.when i got it it was sunk in the ground half wayup the 1/4's.it was rotted beyond belief.it might run :\ id rather have it rebuilt then dropping it in and it not running lol.you take care too
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukee View Post
If you don`t have enough motor for 3" it won`t sound all that good. 2 1/2 inch with some performance style mufflers should do the trick.
I just ordered a complete exhaust from these guys with the original style muffler and the splitter tips and hangers. I`ll let you know how it looks when it shows up.
eBay Store - CPU Muscle Car Parts: Exhaust: 64 65 1964 1965 Chevelle Exhaust System Big Block
I installed this kit and the fit was excellent! It looks great. But the sound was too tame. I called them (these guys are super nice!) and they swapped out the standard mufflers for some DynoMax Super Turbo muffs. Box says they outflow Flowmasters by like 20%. It sounds sweet as heck now and definitely has a roar when I`m on the throttle.

Last edited by Rukee; 07-11-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in