Few updates. :) (Q's too) - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Few updates. :) (Q's too)

Now that I'm working some again, I've been able to get some things for my '70.
Now a few questions, again! Lol.. Was talking to a guy about air shocks and the fact my car has them, I thought it was a factory option but he told me it wasnt.. Can someone explain if they did or not?

Now the things I've worked on.. Replaced the starter and got a new battery (battery in it was not enough battery for this car)

Got the black paint OFF the headlight trim and added some beauty rings to the wheels. Now I need hub caps, do these rally wheels need the chrome bezel thing to use the "PMD" center caps? These damn things are crazy expensive...

Enjoy some new pics.

Before:

After:

Jarred "Hot Rod" |1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport | Just a 350...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Swap meet, ebay, craigslist. There are a few type that can be used.

66 GTO 4bbl power windows A/C auto
67 GTO H.O. Convert 4spd
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

I want the PMD ones but from what I've seen the centers are seperate from the chrome parts. (which is confusing and kinda stupid)

Looked on ebay and there still a bit expensive there too. Hmm..

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Rod View Post
Now that I'm working some again, I've been able to get some things for my '70.
Now a few questions, again! Lol.. Was talking to a guy about air shocks and the fact my car has them, I thought it was a factory option but he told me it wasnt.. Can someone explain if they did or not?
Not to my knowledge. In every instance I've ever encountered, air shocks were added as aftermarket items to either get a different stance to the car or to compensate for sagging rear springs.

Quote:
Now I need hub caps, do these rally wheels need the chrome bezel thing to use the "PMD" center caps? These damn things are crazy expensive...
Yes you do, and yes they are. I'm not sure which year saw the red ones introduced, but on my 69 the original caps are the chrome rings with the black PMD centers. If you're not interested in "original" though, pick whichever option you find the most appealing to you. It's your car, man ...

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Right, I'm keeping an eye on some black ones being bidded on ebay. Hopefully the price doesnt go thru the roof. Lol.

Years dont really matter to me since it's already not so original. I want the black ones pretty much, unless I find a set of those silver arrowheads cheap.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 06:39 PM

On my 68 I have the black inserts with red letters stock from the factory.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
hey Rod i was just doing a little research on 70 1/2' T-37's with the GT trim package and seen a stripe similar to yours only it had GT-37 in it. was wondering if you ordered PHS documentation on it. they don't show production #'s for the 70 1/2' inception but in 71' the 6.6 appear to be pretty rare if it is. that was the first year you could get ANY pontiac engine in the midsize. They were the low cost facory sleepers the Judge started out to be. Also i noticed it did not have the wheel trim rings on the first two pics which is how they came like the judges.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 10:16 PM

I have a full set of the silver arrows from a 77 trans Am my buddy had. I am up in the air on if I am using them. Sorry I won't sell them, but they need some dents pulled, polished and the arrows painted anyway. I also have a set of the first ones with the red arrows. They came on my 84 Grand Prix. I will be using them. I have 1 or 2 of the red and black PMD's but are in not very good condition. I see them all time at swap meets.

I also need 2 of these for the 88 GTA:

And a whole set of this:

Would love to find them with Blue Birds on them for my 78T/A ws6 snow flakes

66 GTO 4bbl power windows A/C auto
67 GTO H.O. Convert 4spd
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instg8ter View Post
hey Rod i was just doing a little research on 70 1/2' T-37's with the GT trim package and seen a stripe similar to yours only it had GT-37 in it. was wondering if you ordered PHS documentation on it. they don't show production #'s for the 70 1/2' inception but in 71' the 6.6 appear to be pretty rare if it is. that was the first year you could get ANY pontiac engine in the midsize. They were the low cost facory sleepers the Judge started out to be. Also i noticed it did not have the wheel trim rings on the first two pics which is how they came like the judges.
Havnt got documentations yet. I looked on wiki about 70 lemans and I remember it saying 350's and 400's were the only motors available for them at least I thought. I'll have to check again.

EDIT: This is where I read about 1970 models: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_LeMans
Wether wiki is always accurate, idk?

The wheels had trim rings in them wether they came with this car or not cause the scratches in the rims show them being pulled on/off.

I planned to just make it look orginal as possible to productions '70's and use a 6.6(original or not) as the power plant. Stripes probly wont be staying and will rebadge it.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know the easiest way to pull the grille emblems off? I need to either get the ugly black paint off or replace them.

The arrow head will def need the paint taken off cause there hard to find.

Help please, lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in