finally got a picture of the 70 Lemans - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
finally got a picture of the 70 Lemans

I took a bunch this weekend, had to get the car out of the garage for some garage door work. However, I couldn't get them downloaded. My wife did on her computer, but she only sent me one.
So hopefully here it is.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lemans1.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	10954  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Looks like a solid project.

Open a photobucket account, it makes posting pics easy.

What's up with that hoodtach? And does it have a ducktail spoiler?!?!?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 PM

I almost like seeing them just before restoration as I do after.

66 GTO 4bbl power windows A/C auto
67 GTO H.O. Convert 4spd

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

The "hood" tach is a piece of work. Someone took an inside the car tach and put it there with a homemade cover.
Not sure about the rear spoiler. I looked up ducktail when I first got the car and it didn't seem to be what is here. Not sure if someone used something from another car, or if this was some sort of universal aftermarket JCWhitney type thing (back when they had cool stuff). It will be coming off soon, I already have a better trunk lid. I will try not to destroy the parts on the quarters, but I won't be reusing them for sure. I do have better pictures of the spoiler to put here, as soon as I can get them on my computer.

Definitely a 70's type car. It has a Kraco am/fm/23channel CB in the dash. I am surprised that there isn't a cb antenna on the car.

Russ
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

My plans for the car have also changed. I ended up finding and buying a 1 piece 70 GTO front end on another forum that will be delivered tomorrow. Ended up costing $500 delivered to my house. Couldn't refuse that deal. :-) Something I have always wanted to do with a car.
So will be going back to the original plan of making it look like a GTO, while also restomodding it. I have another header panel that I have to put on for right now to get the car through the summer, then this winter's plan is to do the body including the new front. I still have to come up with a fiberglass hood. Haven't told my wife about that part yet.

Also got a set of Flowmaster(?)(flowtech?) coated headers for $80, and a Pypes 2.25inch exhaust for $60. Both on Craigslist. I know the exhaust is a bit small, but for now with a 350 it will work. And get me on the road sooner. Just have to get the stuff on the car now. But I have to finish my Blazer first, so my wife can take our Subaru this summer to visit her first grandchild.

Russ
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Some NASCAR junky probably put that spoiler on. Alot of similarities between the two.....

SOLD.....
462ci, 4spd
Performer Intake, Mild Cam
Pertronix Ignitor III
Accel Super Coil, Accel 8.8mm Wires
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:11 PM

NOS Kraco In-Dash CB w AM/FM/MPX Radio & 8-Track Player | eBay

66 GTO 4bbl power windows A/C auto
67 GTO H.O. Convert 4spd
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
good bargain hunting Russ....first thing i noticed was the tach....lol. I have the motorcycle mechanic looking for a unit that will fit in my original housing. 2.25 pipes will be fine for the 350....tell the wife what it would have cost for two fenders and the endura bumper and she won't be so upset about the hood....wait, yes she will....lol, ohh well....
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Wow. That one is newer than the one in the car. Mine only has 23 channels, making it worthless as far as a working cb goes, and no 8track, but it definitely dates the car. I really should mount a real stereo somewhere else and pretend that the Kraco is the one I am using. :-)

Russ
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Yep, wife will be upset, so I am not going to tell her for a long time. Unless of course I come across one that is a good deal.
Got my electrical kit from Mark at Madelectrical, getting really anxious to get going on this. Problem is I have about $1200 worth of new parts for my 95 Blazer waiting for me to get off my [email protected]@ and put on first.

Can't wait to get the pictures of the "gas tank" in the trunk posted. You guys won't believe that one.

Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in