unbelieveable, I know, but it's in there. got the sucker christmastime last year, then waited on the backordered flamethrower III coil, got that two days before i shipped out and...long story short, 11 months later it's finally in the car.
first off, many many thanks to 68greengoat for helping me out along the way and answering my dozens of emails to get this thing installed.
now on to the good stuff,
seriously wish i'd done this earlier. car fires over without a hiccup now, just crank, vrooom, and smooooooth idle. engine became way more responsive to my throttle inputs. had to take her out for a quick spin of course, and found very quickly that the responsive throttle would translate to lots of squeeling rubber.
the rev limiter kicks in right around 65 in 1st gear which is a helluvalot of of fun (but should probably wait till after a rebuild before i go pushing it too often.
the install went slow (as i mentioned i had tons of questions), and the best recommendation i can make (sorry troy, i'm disputing your knowledge here) is to put the rubber grommet in from the bottom of the distributor first, then snake the two pertronix wires through the top. had to lube the grommet up a bit with some oil i had laying around, but it got in there eventually. also, managed to pull a back muscle reaching from the fender to the center of the firewall, not sure how to avoid that but hey...just a warning.
one other thing i found interesting is how much quieter the exhaust got. smoother running yes, but surprised it toned it down.
i'll be running her out to san antonio this weekend (if i fix the gas gauge before then) so will let you all know whether the claims of improved MPG are true or not.
so once again, thanks to green goat for the help along the way, now i just need to get my new intake set up and a posi out back. think that'll be enough for me