first sight - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
first sight

the very first GEETEEO you ever saw! what was it and where?,,,all those smoky burnouts i posted about earlier have my mind in gear,so=my first was about `65 in Medford oregon hot summer day i was in the 3rd or 4th grade? and my buddy sez,my older sisiter is seeing an older guy(17-19) my dad's mad! he has a new GTO wanna go down to the bowling alley? that's where my sister went to meet him,having NO CLUE what a GTO was but riding my shwinn stinkrey down to `Jack's drive inn burger' stand I NEW what `hot cars' were=i lived in between the main drag around town and 3 doors from the A-W,,,anyway here sat this silver `65 with pipes hanging underneath it jacked in the arse end and alloy slotted wheels,black vinyl top black interior,,and of course the laquer paint GM used it popped in the sun my buddies sister ran us off but i still remember my first look at a Tiger,and it wasn't stock

somewhere in oregon praying for some good gas,cool weather and a two car length jump on ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:54 PM

Garage
my first site was my moms 67gto she bought new in 67.that blue paint white interior,and the best thing is i have it in my garage
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 06:03 PM

Well, a guy down the street bought a 65 black hardtop and it was just beautiful, but I was only 14 at the time and really didn't know what a GTO was. Later in 67, a guy bought a magnificent 67 (also black) to my father's service station and I fell in love with them. Later I got my own 64 and 72.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 08:42 PM

My brother's 74, silver with a red shaker. Had a Pontiac 350. Remember when each GM division had their own powerplants? God how I miss that. This was around 1990.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:06 PM

my gto cherry popped

when i was 12 years old, half asleep on my way to school, It was a black 65, when it pulled besides us it reved up and i was in love. Since that day i always dreamed of owning a GTO. I collected lill die cast GTOs and everything. Then for my 21st birthday back in april i bought a brand new 06 gto and my dream had come true
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 09:19 PM

When I was growing up near Baltimore, a neighbor across the alley had a '67 GTO hardtop, blue with black vinyl top, 400 with a Powerglide. He owned it ever since I could remember.

Last time I was down there, he still had it. Has to have owned it for at least 30 years.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 10:57 AM

Garage
where did u grow up in baltimore.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 05:10 AM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Showgoat67 Send a message via MSN to Showgoat67
I think i know that blue gto was the car in the dundalk area nick?I grew up in overlea and lived there until 3 years ago when i moved to PA i used to live on kenwood ave.I always had musclecars especially goats at my house.

kenny

If it isnt a GTO then why are you driving it.[email protected]
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 08:16 PM

It was in Dundalk. Last time I saw it he had a "67 GOAT" license tag on it. That was roughly one year ago - I cruised down the alley in my '06 and saw it there. He wasn't around at the time.

I moved up to PA in the summer of 99, because I had taken a job up here in January of 99 and the commute was beginning to suck (82.5 miles each way), that was back when I had my CRX which got about 36 to 38 MPG on the highway. I don't get back to the Baltimore area very often, maybe been back 3 or 4 times since I've moved to PA.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 04:33 PM

It was 1981, I was 17 and my friend Doug just bought a green with a white vinyl top 1973 GTO and it sounded pretty good for a 73. I just remember looking at that cool hood and hearing that motor thinking man I want one of those bad ass cars and a year later I found and bought my first of three GTOs. A 1970 Atoll blue GTO with a black vinyl top and black interior with a 455 automatic! Man... what memories I had in that car. I guess that's why 20 plus years later I bought and I'm restoring me another 70.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in