I am looking at getting my first muscle car within the next few months here. I am keeping the Ebay servers busy.
Hopefully you can help with advice in my search.
What I'm looking for...
1. Fun weekend and cruise night car.
2. Notrailer queens, I don't need rare options that render the car undriveable do to it's rarity (don't have the budget for rarity, more on that later).
3. NO projects, not at all, no "it's 90% done." Turns out most people's 90 is my 40.
4. Originality of car not important. I don't care if my car has matching numbers, the correct color paint. I'm out to have fun.
5. I am partial to the A-Bodies, but open to anything 60-72 and maybe a few other years. I prefer the GM line, but I'm open to Mopars. Not really a Ford guy. I've also got a soft spot for 80-82 vettes (weird, huh).
6. I'd like to keep it under 25kish.
I have a line on a 70 GTO 350hp 400. It is a 2nd owner car, 97k, red, blk vinyl top, black interior, his/her shifter. Solid, nice car, the paint is old and very, very "orange peely." It is going for around $20k. Other than the paint job (they painted the hood scoop inserts red too) I really like it, but the paint is driving me nuts.
I also have my eyes on this 442. What do you guys think of this one?
I have gone on way too long here, but any advice is appreciated. Thank you!