GTO endura noses - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
GTO endura noses

Hi does anyone have an idea what OEM 70-70 GTO endrua noses with the steel skeleton, bumper brackets and grill & headlight bezels are worth in today's market? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-07-2017, 08:04 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Appears you're getting a flood of responses

Condition, condition, condition of the endura nose & grilles, as well as who the seller is dealing with (body shop/insurance job), as well as location play a HUGE factor in what a fairly nice '68, '69, or a 70 endura will actually sell for. Bent, twisted, & the absolute worst, suncooked & crumbling... not worth much. A good percentage of the nice endura bumpers Ive sold over the years have been to restoration shops & body shops I've dealt with for a long time. For individuals, being a large oversize part that takes quite a while to properly package & usualy requires being shipped truck freight, been my experience that its often been easiast to meet up with individuals when I'm on the road or on the way to a national show.

Properly prepared for paint, I'd value a restored '70 GTO bare endura @ 2000-2500. Its not a walk in the park to get even a nice core '70 endura ready for paint. Thoughts on other related parts... on the grilles, whether selling or buying, what do the chrome surrounds look like, are they pitted? Any broken mtg tabs? Really decent used, its possible to pay up to $450 a pair, the chrome won't be perfect though. '70 headlight mtg plates seem to show up fairly cheap, so do the reinforcements. In June, I picked up a fairly clean bare '70 GTO endura, it's not bent, gouged or crumbling, top line is straight, corners are not cupped, such core noses have to be decent cores or I wont mess with them. Already had in stock pair of nice used grilles, frame brackets, headlamp mtg plates, nos headlamp bezels. Picked up the bumper reinforcement from a racer client that had fabricated an alum structure to save weight. Ready for proper refinishing this winter, have two Firebird endura's, a '71-72 GTO endura, as well as this '70 endura to properly prep, hopefully can get to them one after another.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2017, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in