GTO Needed For Movie In Brookly, NY - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GTO Needed For Movie In Brookly, NY

If you or someone you know owns a 66 or 68 (studio will decide based on applicants) GTO which is Black with a black hard top we need your car for our clients film. This will take place on Saturday in Brooklyn with a mid morning call time. The car will be used in still shots, on a Process Trailer which is what they drive the car around on to make it seem like its really being driven and possibly a quick clip of the actor driving it as well. You will receive compensation for this work and it will be most of the day on Saturday. Please get back to us ASAP at [email protected] or sign up on the Movie Star Motors : Home website . Sorry this is such short notice.

Shawn Gallagher
President
Movie Star Motors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 08:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Is the movie about Zombies? I have acsess to a black on black 67 GTO....

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 11:08 AM
roy

good & bad

I;ve rented a few cars for movie shoots with mixed results, the money is good, at the time, $150/day x 12 days,this was 8 yrs ago too.
But, unless you can stay with your car, i;d advise against it.
i.e- Thankfully, the car i left on set was my old Gremlin, when i happened to drop by, stage hands had used it to go for lunch, i waited an hour or so & left before they got back, that afternoon i happened on site & watched the little Gremlin take a railroad crossing at 60mph & land, oh, about 40' down the road on the front wheels, certainly shock all the old rust out of her.
My Charger Daytona didn;t fair so well, multiple scratches, a bent wheel & rips in the interior where cameras were mounted for interior shots. Mind you, all paid to be repaired. When they packed up & left Newmarket, they simply left the Gremlin on the street, it was quickly towed, which i didn;t know, & it took me 8 days to locate it & 35 bucks a day to get it back. When the movie was released, to my horror, i watched as the Charger, burning rubber leaving a bank job, jumping 2 curbs with my old Plymouth fury more door, disguised as a Police car in chase. Now, none of these vehicles were what you would call Show qualitiy & the money ,in cash by the way, allowed me to piant the Charger. but, if you have a car that you;ve built or is your pride & joy, be warned!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks Roy! I allowed my boat, a 35' Formula to be used in a photo shoot. I got $1500 for the day and a catered lunch! It was a lot of work (I did all the drivin')....very interesting when you are part of "the before" then see "the after"......had a great time.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Roy,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with another production company but please dont let that taint the many positive experiences that other people have renting their car out. The key point to remember here which wasnt so in your case was to stay with your car at all times. Everything is covered under insurance and in the contract will state what they will be doing with your car so if you dont approve of them doing a hole shot or mounting a camera in a bad spot then you dont have to do it.

They specifically need a 68 as they started shooting with a black 68 a while ago but the owner has sold the car and now they need to pick up where they left off as the year and model have already been established. Compensation will be $200 and it will be a mid morning casting call and will go for most of the day.

They will not cover towing or flatbet costs to get your car there so streetable GTO's are preferred.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Eric,

Post that 67 GTO and your Formula on our site as we get inquiries all of the time for different cars, trucks and boats that are needed for films. You obviously have had a positive experience and know the benefits of being on a movie set.

Our database site is Movie Star Motors : Home

Please get the word around about this shoot as it will most likely be next saturday because there is no car lined up yet as they requested this on such short notice.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Bump.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 07:54 PM

i have 1 killer PROSTREET GTO shes a 69 & she aint black.... but could be...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Still looking for candidates. PM me or post your car on our site database Movie Star Motors : Home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in