Headers??? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Headers???

Hey everyone I'm new to the site but I have really enjoyed all the information and pictures that I have been able to read and look at already. Well I have a question that I am hoping you can give me some advice on. My dad owns a 66 Lemans that we just finished rebuilding the Pontiac 400 that was in the car when he bought it. Well we just put the engine back in the car and we are now thinking about putting headers on it instead of the old manifolds. My question is what are the best headers for this set up? I didn't know if anyone has great header that has worked for them or one that was a waist of money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum,

I installed a set of Hooker Ceramic Coated Headers on my 67 almost 2 years ago and have had no problems. They look as good today as the day they were installed. I did have minor problems with the bolt hole allignment and had to use a dremel to grind some of the welds.

Good luck,

Randy

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTO View Post
Welcome to the forum,

I installed a set of Hooker Ceramic Coated Headers on my 67 almost 2 years ago and have had no problems. They look as good today as the day they were installed. I did have minor problems with the bolt hole allignment and had to use a dremel to grind some of the welds.

Good luck,
Ditto for me in my '67 GTO with a 400 cubic inch engine.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I had a couple sets of headers on my 66 years back. HOOKER was the best. I have HEARD that Doug's are good also. I would definately go with a ceramic coated product. Eric

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 06:27 PM

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Showgoat67 Send a message via MSN to Showgoat67
Well i use the hedman headers all the time they fit well and your best to get them from JETHOT The Hottest Header Coatings! Jet-Hot, jet coat, hot jet, headers, coatings, sterling,Header coating, Ceramic coating, corrosion protection, Metallic Ceramic Coatings, MCCI, metallic ceramic, exhaust coating, performance coating, temperature re and the coating on the headers is the best i have used them for years and on alot of gto's you would be very satisifed with them.

If it isnt a GTO then why are you driving it.[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in