User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Help me get back on track with my 65

OK- I havent been on the site for months. My 65 GTO came home about a year ago with fresh paint. Motor is done but not completely ready to run. Bought a complete new interior kit. Seats are recovered. Dash is out but is ready to go back in. Stainless headers installed last fall. Z bar needs to be modded to fit proper.Had the 4 speed Richmond in and out at least 4 times. Had to clearance the Lakewood to get everything to go in. Problem is that I have lost interest in the car (temporarily). I have been spending time and money on my Harleys.
No, I'm not looking to sell anything. I just was looking for encouragement to get me back to working on the 65. I know I could have it running without too much trouble. I have owned this car about 10 years and have never put one mile on it under its own power. Maybe I need a swift kick in the ass. Let me know your constructive thoughts on this. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
sounds like your almost there, get the motor in and fire it up, once you hear it shake the garage you will have the rest of it back together in a week because it will be killing you not to drive it. usually seeing the shiny new paint gets me hyped up into the final stretch. get some buddies over for beers, an extra hand an some conversation on the menial tasks always helps. And finally this should be all that needs to be said "It's a GTO dude, get'rdone"

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 PM

took mine out to milford for the power tour kick off these cars are just a blast to drive they had some good roads opened up too
so get out in that garage and start spining those wrenches

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys. I think I just need to hear the mighty 455 roar to life to get me remotivated. I need to focus on getting her running and then road worthy. Thanks for the encouragement.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Maybe this will help....463

Bummed me out the new stroker was not back in time to make the Power Tour...maybe next year

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 03:17 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwomany View Post
I have owned this car about 10 years and have never put one mile on it under its own power.
Well there's your problem son, lack of motivation. You don't know what it's like to put your butt in the seat and have your face peeled off as you come screaming around a corner sideways with the tires on fire. Once you get her finished, those Harleys will have a thick layer of dust on them (like mine does).
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks 68. I do know what it feels like to smoke the hides on these GTO's. This is my third GTO since my first one (65 GTO Convert) in 1980. I guess I need to sit down and write the grocery list of things to do and start knocking them out. At this point in the build its more time than money. Thanks for the encouragement.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 12:39 AM

Youtube video's get me motivated in my (too many according to some) hobby's. Only problem is you can get trapped into watching too many! Set a goal or deadline for yourself.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
For what it's worth, after I completed the resto on my `65 in `06, I think I've put on maybe 1000 miles on the Harley. Would rather drive the GTO!! Get her done!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Get back to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in