Here comes the Judge? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here comes the Judge?

I'm need some help identifying this GTO. Is it a real judge?

Thanks

Heres the Data Plate

Heres the VIN

Heres a head thats in the trunk alone with other engine parts

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 12:44 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You can't tell from the VIN or data plate if a car is a Judge. The data plate and VIN verify it as a GTO hardtop produced the 3rd week of March 1969, and it was an original Carousel Red car with a black interior. The heads are not Judge heads. Casting number 092 are 1966 389/421 heads with small valves. You can verify the car as a Judge through Pontiac Historical Services by providing them the VIN and the appropriate fee - you will get the build sheet which will show the Judge option code.

As a side note: Very few non-judge cars were painted color code 72-72. Fake Judges haven't been popular until about 15 years ago, and that car looks like it's been sitting for over 30. Chances are pretty darned good it's a Judge missing its cylinder heads and front clip. What's the block code?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:28 PM

Once again, I'm in firm agreement with Lars. I'm betting it is real. The only thing I see that I'm wondering about is the fact that the data plate looks like it was body color under what may be grey primer. As I recall, and other folks can help out here, I don't remember the the data plates being body color. But with that said, if you don't want the car, please let me know where it is! How's the frame?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

The car has a complete engine in it as you can somewhat tell. There is a block, heads(the one in picture) and some pistons in the trunk. I'll see if I can't get some casting numbers off the engine in the car. I see there are 4 holes in the trunk where it looks like a spoiler once was.

kerno, I know the guy wants to sell it and I think he's asking $5,000. I haven't talked to him much other than to ask to look at it when I came beck he was busy so I told him I'd talk to him later. $5,000's a bit out of mu range but I figured I'd shoot him a price I would pay and see what he says.

I'll take a closer look at the underside.

Last edited by Detector; 04-14-2006 at 08:53 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 03:10 AM

There should have been a spoiler on the trunk, which explains the four holes. The side of the body that is shown looks pretty straight. It looks as if the trim weatherstrips are gone off the windows and the interior looks as if it is mssing. Is it an auto or 4 speed car? The wheels look original and the condition if the engine is a real mystery if it has early heads on it. Does it have any damage other than the missing frront clip and how much rust is there?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 06:40 PM

Anyone find anything out about this possible Judge?? I would be interested in this project car if it is ever for sale.

Wanted: 69 GTO Judge project car in any condition or from (Blue is 1st color choice). Email me at: [email protected]t
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in