User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hurst Rims

Hello,

I am a new member and this is my 1st post. In the spring, I want to pick up a complete set of Hurst Rims for my '67 GTO Convert. A few years back, I recall reading about a company that was making reproduction hurst rims in different sizes. I was intriqued at the time but finances (or lack of) kept me from pursuing it further. This spring, I plan on making the purchase; however, I can't recall the name of the company and can't find any information. It's probably just my stupid searching skills. I don't mind going with originals but I think those came in 14 inch only (I think). I was thinking more along the lines of 15's or 16's. I'm sure this has been covered before but I didn't see it.

Thanks for reading the post and thanks for any help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 08:17 PM

Since you're from Pittsburgh (me, too), I looked around a little and found this: http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/f...ain2.asp?cat=5

1. Click on the above link.
2. Click on Wheels/Brakes/Rear Axle in the left column.
3. Scroll down and click on Hurst Wheels under the Wheels section. It'll be in the middle of the page toward the bottom.

There's a bunch of Hurst Wheel stuff there. Hope that helps!

Last edited by b_a_betterperson; 01-14-2007 at 08:22 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Here are a set of original Hurst wheels on e-bay, they aren't cheap; welcome to the forum!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...spagenameZWDVW

Randy

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 11:16 PM

didn't know Hurst sold just the "rims". LOL. how did this Bling Bling term get into a legitimate forum on GTOs. Just kidding around but a rim is the portion of a wheel where the bead seats. chuckle.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the information. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm actually north of Pittsburgh just outside of Cranberry. I figured Pittsburgh would be more recognizable. I've heard lots of good things performance wise regarding the newer model GTO's. I love the color on yours. Whereabouts are you located? Thanks again for the info.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdetrick View Post
Thank you so much for the information. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm actually north of Pittsburgh just outside of Cranberry. I figured Pittsburgh would be more recognizable. I've heard lots of good things performance wise regarding the newer model GTO's. I love the color on yours. Whereabouts are you located? Thanks again for the info.
You're very welcome. Was born dahn-tahn and lived in Whitehall until six. Moved around the country and now reside in the San Francisco East Bay.

Very familiar with Cranberry. Butler Country -- outside of the ridiculous Allegheny County real estate taxes.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_betterperson View Post
You're very welcome. Was born dahn-tahn and lived in Whitehall until six. Moved around the country and now reside in the San Francisco East Bay.

Very familiar with Cranberry. Butler Country -- outside of the ridiculous Allegheny County real estate taxes.
Exactly why I didn't move into Allegheny County. Moved a few times myself (job related) but was born and raised in Michigan. Been in Pittsburgh 2 years now and I like it. Very scenic. MY brother-in-law lives in San Fran. although I'm not exactly sure where. He just moved there about a year ago. Always wanted to visit Alcatraz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in