I have a question that is derived out of curiosity! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a question that is derived out of curiosity!

I probably payed way to much, but am just wondering what the real world value of my car might might be?

I purchased this car in the mid millennium years right around 2006.

Interior I would rate very good (way nicer conditioned than my 97 grand Prix, which I have also taken care of), exterior can be seen in the pics. This is defiantly not a number matching car, parts have been exchanged, engines have been swapped!

I payed a fair chunk of change, probably too much. I'm just wondering what others might think its worth? I'm sure the consensus will be less than my actual cost, which I will post later.

I'm not going to sell it! just curios, and wondering what others opinions may be? This last summer, while it was pulled out in my driveway, someone pulled up and gave me an offer that surprised me. I did not take it, but am wondering now what the car may be worth, and also If I was stupid for not taking the offer?

If the consensus value meets my actual costs within 3 grand, I'll be happy. Its got most the features of my childhood dream car.... "Hardtop, "no post" I Hate 2 door sedans.......Also, no vinyl top (I also absolutely hate them), and have had other cars with them, I still hate them!. The color I always wanted since childhood was red, Ext..... This car matched much of my criteria. I was the ideal buyer for the previous seller! Probably payed for it as well.

Last edited by Blitz!; 09-03-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Not enough info to make a fair guess (need to know all about the engine, drive train, other options, etc.) --- you might try Hagerty's web site. They have a value estimation tool there that I think is pretty close.

VERY nice looking 67, by the way!

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A couple of years ago, I was interested in buying a '67 Lemans and saw some nice ones in the mid teens.

67 Post Coupe,
69 RA III Judge
06 BOM, M6, 18's

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hell, I'll bite... I would say $12 to $13K in my neck of the woods if it's rust free and reliable enough to be a daily driver (not that I would drive it every day, but I could if I wanted to).

Just a wild ass guess on my part...

When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 12:38 PM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Yep....12-15k in my neck of the woods, central Calif., too.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I'd say the same thing sense it's not a #s matching car. Also no indication as to what engine/trans it has which could effect the value.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2013, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
12-15 sounds about right, had two offers for mine this year north of that and had to decline. Built it to drive it, and my daughter would kick my ass if i sold it.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
so what was the purchase price?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for all the replies, I had picked it for 9, and had some regrets, The seller asked for 10, and took my offer pretty quick leaving me think I probably could have got it for less. A few months ago, I received a nice offer out of the blue while I had it out. The offer was in the same range, as the lower end of the previous posted estimates.

So from the replies it looks like I'm in the ballpark of where a fair price might be. I just wish I could have purchased it 10-15 years earlier, when they were being exchanged for peanuts.

At the time of the purchase, was told it had a transplanted 400, and it has what i think is a original 3 speed trans which is not ideal. I wouldn't call it a speed demon. After the purchase, it had a few problems that prevented it from being what would be considered a reliable driver. The electric cooling fan was not turning on (I was able to fix that quickly with a soldered wire, but it was not something I noticed upon purchase.)

Shortly after its purchase, I initiated another problem upon myself that plagued me for a while. I installed the cheapest battery disconnect switch that I got my hands on, and it took me much longer than I'd like to admit to figure out why I always had problems with battery drain. Damn Harbor freight switch!

Last edited by Blitz!; 09-09-2013 at 10:11 PM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I've installed a few remote battery disconnects that work with a key fob from Summit racing that worked awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in