Hey y'all! First post here so if I'm doing something wrong just yell at me.
Me and my buddy been looking for a muscle car for cheap for a long time. So when this popped up for $2500 i jumped on it and got it at $2000. Bringing it home tomorrow. SO EXCITED!!!! Had a '81 z28 camaro but sold it due to a title issue.
Anyway, From what I decoded of the vin it "should" be a true gto. The guy I'm buying it from has owned it since 1980, bought it back twice during that time. Know's every single person that's ever owned this car. He blew up the original 400 motor at some point and put a 350 in with eldelbrock intake and carb, mild cam, and 400 headers. Was running when parked for a restore in 1992, but he's doing a '71 demon instead. So awesome to be able to hear all the crazy stories and history on this car and see the pics from back then, all from the guy that did all this. Car was originally gold with a black stripe.
Anyway, now for the questions.
1. It has 4 good "knock off" rims. were these original rims? And if not how much are they worth? I've heard their like really rare but I don't have much clue other then that.
2. Was $2000 a good buy for this car?
3. There's been a sun roof added to the roof of the car, not the greatest job in my opinion. How much does that hurt the value?
4. Where would you buy parts?
5. Should I go through the effort to paint it gold again, or just repaint red?
I'm almost 16, so don't have a ton of money to blow on this. Hoping to have it done for under $5500 but we'll see how that goes. Will have to sell the '72 super beetle now.
Sorry for the long post, Looking forward to hearing any opinion and answers!
Tried to attach some pics, hopefully they show up...