I'm trying to make sense of phs docs need help - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm trying to make sense of phs docs need help

The options list is:4bbl r/a, safe-t-track,radio am&fm, console, spg shks-r/h, lamp-dome/rg, turb/hyd, g70x14 ww fg, whls-rally 2, air cond, lamp-luggage, lamp-un hood. The other 3 pages seem to be just general about a 1970 a body pontiacs,it has a s or n by options for if they are standard or not available. S for dual exhaust, tires. Last page lists options and someone highlighted the sections that pertain to my car. Does phs do this or did the previous owner? Is it supposed to list judge as an option? Could mine be a judge or is it probably a raIII? I'm not sure why they send the last few pages, they don't seem to have info specific to my car.

some may say i have too many projects

Last edited by skapegoat; 12-21-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
The Judge is listed as an option the order code is 332 Retail Price > 337.02

If its not a judge but just has Ram Air III the code will be 348 with a list price of > 168.51

A Ram Air IV will be code 347 with a retail cost of >558.20

The other pages are just general information.

PHS will highlight the parts pertaining to your car NOT the previous owner.

The Yellow Highlights on mine are the VIN, special options Dealer The Car sold at.
On the other pages, the special items are highlighted.

That Window Document you see in people's cars at shows doesn't come with the standard PHS documents at last I inquired it was like an additional 40.00 for it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHS - JUDGE-ADD-ON copy_cc.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	9743

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Last edited by GTO JUDGE; 12-21-2010 at 10:43 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

It has a 348 code. Probably not as sought after as judge but they made half as many raIII. I still got lucky I bought it for $3500 with a brand new race 455 and th400. I should probably trade the 455 for a raIII 400 if I find one.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skapegoat View Post
It has a 348 code. Probably not as sought after as judge but they made half as many raIII. I still got lucky I bought it for $3500 with a brand new race 455 and th400. I should probably trade the 455 for a raIII 400 if I find one.
I reckon that all depends on what your personal goals are for the car, and what parts exactly are on and in that "race 455". A 400 RA III isn't going to be as "brisk" on the street as a good 455...

Bear

BearGFR
Springtown, TEXAS
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

I bought the car from a body shop that fixed the roof and never received payment for the work. I bought it for what the work cost. Going from my memory the block is from a 76 t/a, 6x heads with the smaller compression cylinder. It has a pretty tough cam judging by the way the car rocks when it is idling. I tried to turn the motor over once with a 1/2" breaker bar and it took everything I had so i'm going to assume it has pretty high compression. When I bought it I was told it had a 3000 stall converter witch is really strange to drive on street. It is hard to tell how much the motor makes because someone put an open rear end in it but seems like whatever speed it is going if all 4 barrels are open that passenger tire is making smoke. My goal is to make it as much of an asset as I can with the limited budget I have. Don't really want to race it so the converter needs to be changed for sure.

Last edited by skapegoat; 12-21-2010 at 06:56 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2010, 09:06 AM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Skapegoat, I agree with you entirely. It's all about doing the best you can with the resources you have. If a correct code Ram air 3 400 crosses your path for the right price someday, so be it. In the meanwhile, you're wise not to sweat it and to do what you're doing. Fixing the car up, putting a more streetable converter in it, and enjoying it going down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in