Intersting article about gas prices.. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Intersting article about gas prices..

just thought i would post this as i found it interesting, and it effects our ability to drive the cars we all so enjoy.

Five Ways the U.S. Government Could Make Oil Prices Fall - DailyFinance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Doesn't matter whats printed, reasons why, or solutions to lower the cost, there is a guy in Washington who is salivating this crisis and will use escalating prices as a tool to push cap and trade, the need to ween us off oil and go green. He has made no secret he wants us off fossil fuels, showed his disdain for coal while still taking money from those he chastises. Higher the price the wider his smile.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope every one waits to go green after I'm no longer around. In the mean time, I'll $4.00 bucks a gallon. Smiling Washington guy or not.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instg8ter View Post
just thought i would post this as i found it interesting, and it effects our ability to drive the cars we all so enjoy.

Five Ways the U.S. Government Could Make Oil Prices Fall - DailyFinance
hell yes. americans have a god given right to drive an f350 4/4 down to the market to pick up a bag of potato chips.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
My 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab Hemi has multi displacement and still it gets no better mpg than the Judge.

Just wait until these greeners go to get those prius etc, batteries serviced or replaced.

www.gtoaa.org

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post
My 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab Hemi has multi displacement and still it gets no better mpg than the Judge.

Just wait until these greeners go to get those prius etc, batteries serviced or replaced.
you might be waiting a while:

Car testers at Consumer Reports put this 2002 Toyota Prius through a full testing regimen and found that it held up well, even after 207,000 miles.
The magazine recently tested a Prius with 207,000 miles on it. The car was still in the hands of its original owner so editors were confident the car had been maintained reasonably well, driven normally and, most importantly, still had its original battery pack.

Toyota Prius hits 200,000 miles keeps on going - Mar. 4, 2011
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO JUDGE View Post

No way in hell am I going to drive a Prius or any other hybrid. Mainly because by the time one depreciates enough I can afford it, the battery pack will need replacing and that is more than I cant to pay for a used car. Secondly they are soulless life sucking appliances, so incredibly slow and still uses gasoline that they are permanently in my why bother category.

Green doesnt have to mean slow, boring, and/or electric. Green can mean 500hp/tq and 30mpg just not using gasoline. It can mean running the 72cc heads on a 455 and it lasting forever. The cool thing is we dont have to give up our GTOs, we just have to make some small adjustments to them and we could drive them more. It wont be long and I will be able to get the new 455 out on the road, just another month or so, two at most. Then I can show you videos and pics of what it takes and what the benefits are.

I dont want gas prices to hit $4 anymore than anyone else, because of what it does to slow everything down. I do want people to start thinking about alternatives that are actually better for your car than gas, cheap/easy to produce, and make more power while being better for all of us.

Just imagine driving around every day in a car with 14:1 compression and lots of bottom end torque. If you have ever driven a 455 with small chamber heads you know what I am drooling over... You dont have to be a tree hugging hippie to enjoy the benefits of green thinking. Done right you can be healthier, have more money in savings, and be able to drive your GTO wherever you want.

Now if we are forced to use gasoline, then yeah we will all end up in a Prius or something like it just to get around. I dont want to see that any more than you guys do.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpin455 View Post
No way in hell am I going to drive a Prius or any other hybrid. Mainly because by the time one depreciates enough I can afford it, the battery pack will need replacing and that is more than I cant to pay for a used car. Secondly they are soulless life sucking appliances, so incredibly slow and still uses gasoline that they are permanently in my why bother category.

Green doesnt have to mean slow, boring, and/or electric. Green can mean 500hp/tq and 30mpg just not using gasoline. It can mean running the 72cc heads on a 455 and it lasting forever. The cool thing is we dont have to give up our GTOs, we just have to make some small adjustments to them and we could drive them more. It wont be long and I will be able to get the new 455 out on the road, just another month or so, two at most. Then I can show you videos and pics of what it takes and what the benefits are.

I dont want gas prices to hit $4 anymore than anyone else, because of what it does to slow everything down. I do want people to start thinking about alternatives that are actually better for your car than gas, cheap/easy to produce, and make more power while being better for all of us.

Just imagine driving around every day in a car with 14:1 compression and lots of bottom end torque. If you have ever driven a 455 with small chamber heads you know what I am drooling over... You dont have to be a tree hugging hippie to enjoy the benefits of green thinking. Done right you can be healthier, have more money in savings, and be able to drive your GTO wherever you want.

Now if we are forced to use gasoline, then yeah we will all end up in a Prius or something like it just to get around. I dont want to see that any more than you guys do.
i plan to use ethanol in my gto this summer too but i have to say there is no way ethanol is a green fuel.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
time will tell, not all is what it appears to be.

www.gtoaa.org

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You guys aren't paying attention... You MUST comply. Gore wouldn't lie. The polar bears are relying on you to save them. You don't want them to become extinct do you? It's your selfish attitude: driving your fossil fueled cars, joy riding, having a good time, while others are busy saving the earth. That dozen ears of corn you stopped to buy at that roadside stand, if you'd put that in your car instead of your belly you cold get an extra 50 feet of travel out of your car.
Shame on you.

www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in