Pontiac GTO Forum banner

introducing myself

847 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Jack Newman 
#1 ·
Hi, I have been a fan of the early GTO's for a long time and finally in the financial shape to look at buying one.
I am currently looking at a 1965 and a 1967 but not sure either will work out.

I live in an area where I would be forced to buy in a different state and have shipped to me which is a bit scary.

I look forward to reading the forums more and hopefully be able to participate some in the future..

Regards, Larry

#5 ·
Welcome Larry! I've just completed a ground up restoration on my 65 GTO so if you have any questions regarding 65 specifically, just let me know. The forum is a great place to learn and share information and has been a great asset to me, especially when I reached a stumbling block on my project. There are many very knowledgeable guys and gals on the forum and it's a great resource for information and tips. Glad to see you are joining the Pontiac nation, we all have to do what we can to keep our hobby alive and new people to the hobby is always a great place to start. Will this be your first muscle car?

#6 ·
AZ Tempest, thank you..I agree the 67 is awesome

big D, thank you

cij911, thanks !

ronayers1965, hey..I am an older guy and in the past did partial builds on a few 60's and early 70's cars. I am not a metal fab guy and no place nor skills to do a ground up. I am more of a hobbyist engine builder. I chose a '65 tri power and there are some things I will need to do to it but for the most part it is a decent driver. I thank you for the offer and will be hitting you up with questions for sure..
I am also a Corvette guy and as it is on the Corvette forums they say post pics or it didn't happen I will get a couple pics as soon as I can. LOL

#9 ·
ronayers, we are near the same age. I still work and I am the caregiver for a parent so I have time to only do minor things to one now. The GTO is complete just will need some TLC.

tiretread, thank you. The only 67 I could find in my price range was missing so much I decided on the 65. I like them all though LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.