The Judge Spoiler is getting painted this week...YEAH - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Judge Spoiler is getting painted this week...YEAH

I have had my Judge spoiler since Christmas and finally dropped it off to have it painted while I am out of town this week. I hope the color matches the car. I wasn't able to take the car down to the paint store to have them match the color so we used the paint sample book. The body shop is a very reputable shop that does a lot of restorations. They are fixing all of the flaws in the fiberglass, prepping, painting, wet sanding, and polishing the spoiler and hood inserts for $250 - $300. I think that is a pretty good deal. What do you guys think?

Hey, I have another question for everyone????? I also had the hood inserts painted to match the car. My Goat is 2001 Mustang Performance Red (red-orange). Do you guys like the hood inserts painted black or the same color as the car?

I will have the spoiler and inserts installed just in time to take it down to Cruisin Grand in Escondido CA.

Are there any other GTO enthusiasts in Southern California? If so, where do you live and what kind of GTO do you have?

Dale,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Awesome, hope your happy with the outcome.
I'm in hollywood CA with a 2006 M6 CGM GTO

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I have my hood scoop painted the same color as the car, but the very inside ribs are painted black. Can`t wait to see your ride with the wing on there.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukee View Post
I have my hood scoop painted the same color as the car, but the very inside ribs are painted black. Can`t wait to see your ride with the wing on there.
I was thinking about painting the inside black. Do you have a picture of how it looks?

I will post some pics after I get the spoiler on.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramz06 View Post
Awesome, hope your happy with the outcome.
I'm in hollywood CA with a 2006 M6 CGM GTO
Me too. I'll find out tomorrow. I already have the holes drilled in the trunk, so it will only take me a few minutes to install it.

Hollywood huh. I just drove through Hollywood Sunday on my way up to Oxnard to work for the week.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70455goat View Post
I was thinking about painting the inside black. Do you have a picture of how it looks?

Actually, with the blue charcoal body color, you can`t even tell that the inside ribs are black, it almost all looks the same.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

STRIKE ONE - Update on the spoiler.

Well, I got back into town Friday and jumped in the Goat and ran down to pick up my spoiler. It turned out way too orange. We matched it up from the paint sample book because the paint store was closed when I dropped off my spoiler. The shop owner said that we should be right on.

Luckily the shop owner is very reputable and didn't even hesitate. He sent me down to the paint store to have them take a picture of the car that is translated into a paint forumla to mix the exact color. Also, he didn't like how the fiberglass showed a split that they couldn't see until the spoiler was painted, so they are fixing that too.

I will give it another try this Friday when I get back in town. Wish me luck!

Dale
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 10:44 AM

Is your spoiler factory or aftermarket? I ask because I have a Parts Place aftermarket spoiler that is suppose to be very similar to the factory. I was wondering if you have the aftermarket spoiler will you be installing it with a gasket or not? I ask since the factory spoilers did not have gaskets, but I am thinking about using the gasket since I don't want any water leaking into my trunk.

Brian
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70455goat View Post

The scoops should be body color with black insets. Only the Judge had the black scoops.

Here is how mine looks:

mac

21st Century Muscle, The Soul of a Legend!

70 Palladium Silver HT 400/AT *SOLD* Elvis has left the building.
2004 YJ M6
2008 IOM G8 GT
Secretary, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, Susquehanna Valley GTO Tigers
http://svgto.com
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianberes View Post
Is your spoiler factory or aftermarket? I ask because I have a Parts Place aftermarket spoiler that is suppose to be very similar to the factory. I was wondering if you have the aftermarket spoiler will you be installing it with a gasket or not? I ask since the factory spoilers did not have gaskets, but I am thinking about using the gasket since I don't want any water leaking into my trunk.

Brian
I got my reproduction spoiler from Ames. Quality is very good. You can only tell it's not original if you look at the underside of it. The seams are a little different from the original.
Mine came with the gaskets and a template for drilling the mounting holes. I have never had any issue with water leakage, though, to be honest, the car rarely ever sees rain. But, when I wash it, it doesn't leak.
If you install one of these, you will probably need to adjust the torsion rods on the trunk lid to compensate for the extra weight of the spoiler.
Here is a closer pic of mine:

mac

21st Century Muscle, The Soul of a Legend!

70 Palladium Silver HT 400/AT *SOLD* Elvis has left the building.
2004 YJ M6
2008 IOM G8 GT
Secretary, Newsletter Editor, Webmaster, Susquehanna Valley GTO Tigers
http://svgto.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in