Look at what I did today
I haven't posted here in a long time, but I have been hard at work on the GOAT. Finally, I got to drive her today around the block! I pulled it into the garage eight years ago and it sat for two years or so collecting junk and leaking everything. The original plan was to get the transmission rebuilt, fix the leaks, redo the wiring, replace the body mounts, do the bodywork and get it ready for paint. Well, the more I dug into it, the more problems I found. I ended up taking everything off that was bolted on, leaving just the body shell and bare frame. I took the body off the frame to repair where the mounts had rusted through. I then POR-15'd the entire frame, rearend and the front a-arms, under coated the body.
I smoothed the firewall and POR'd it also, replaced the drivers side quarter panel and drivers floorboard. Both fenders got patch panels. I had hardened exhaust seats put in the heads, and I put a BOP rear main seal in. I put a Lunati bracket master 2 cam in it with roller rockers. The transmission was rebuilt and I put a "Switch Pitch" kit in it with a 1800-3000 stall. I built the alternator and power steering brackets and put a Hydroboost on it with a modern power steering pump.
I could go on for pages and pages on what was done to it, but I will let pictures do the talking. The last picture is where the Goat has spent the last eight years.
PAWN SHOP FIND
RESTORATION IN 1980...
"You can have it all, my emipre of dirt. I will let you down, I will make you hurt"