May have to sell. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
May have to sell.

Some reason circumstances have came up, and i may have to sell my GTO. I have no idea what to ask for it as its a resto/mod and still needs a lil work. Nothing major but some work. I have a bad ground i believe some where in the dash so when i turn on the lights the fuel gage goes to empty and temp gage goes to max. I need to replace the blinker plastic thing inside the stearing column. windows need to be aligned. and driver side front theres a 1.5 inch by 2 inch paint crack and cracking in the paint on the endura bumper same location. Stuff changed has a 428, holley 750 edlebrock performer rpm intake, mallory disturbutor, hooker headers, new clutch 12 bolt rear with 3.55 gears pressed bearings. Interior out of a 2006 GTO so power bucket seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

yeah forgot the important part its a 1969, currently blue original color was antique gold
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 07:32 PM

600 bucks and I will pay cash..... Honestly I have no idea without some pictures and more details.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree that pics would help, but resto/mod cars are a real crap shoot as far as pricing goes. Check for listings on ebay, autotrader classics, craigslist and other gto forums.

67 Post Coupe,
69 RA III Judge
06 BOM, M6, 18's
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 09:07 AM
64-67 Expert

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
I agree. Need pics. If it needs paint,etc, not worth a bunch. If it looks and presents well, much more $$$. With the windows, etc., sounds like it's a project.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 02:43 PM

Garage
I think you might try selling it for what you paid. I doubt you are going to make a profit off of it in the short period of ownership unless you got a really good deal. With the few pictures you have and info you have stated about it, you could expect to get $17-22K depending on how it shows. Matt

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
After looking at your "My Photos" I would estimate somewhere between NADA's low retail and Average retail, If you take the average retail price and deduct for the non original mods and the work needed to complete the project you may be able to get a price somewhere in the middle probably around $19,000 to $21,000. JMHO

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 value.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	40898  

Randy

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 06:15 AM

It's a good looking car that has "tells" to a serious buyer. You'll lose interest to some (many?) due to the newer seats, but not so much that it's been fed a 428 (still a mighty motor). The engine dress is nice and tasteful but a bit dated for a 69. I think it sits too high, but it seems that most GM A bodies end up that way for some reason. Surely the reason isn't cornering. I love a 69 with standard headlights, I wish it was still gold, I'd like to see it 2" lower so it looked more serious or (no offense) "mature". All of that outta my head, I'd offer that car under $20K, maybe $18,750 obo. If you make corrections you can raise the price accordingly. Do you have the original seats in any condition? Core Strato-Buckets can run $400/pair. Rear frames fit em all and maybe $150 is a lucky price for top and bottom cushions. The average 69 GTO buyer is not very far south of 40yrs old, maybe even older. If you make the car appeal to the right demographic then anything is possible. Last question, and perhaps the most important (expensive), how much mud? How well was it refinished? Hope those few bits of info help.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
maktope,

What price did you have in mind? The estimates in this thread are from GTO enthusiast and you may be able to sell her for more to an impulse buyer. Park it on a busy highway with a for sale sign, the price and your phone number. See what kind of activity you get and go from there. The person interested in buying the car may not care that it is not original.

Good luck,

Randy

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

I dont really have a price in mind because i really dont want to sell it. And i am working hard on making sure i dont. But was just looking into it as an option if all else fails. To answer a few of the other questions, the engine picture isnt up to date anymore, i pulled the duel quads and put single carb on, No for the original seats, didnt have them when i got it. restoration was done good, what was done, like i said still have to finish the windows and little things here and there. Currently i use it for a daily driver i love driving it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in