User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Memorial Day

Probably a little early and maybe more appropriate in a different section of the forum. Thought I would post it here anyway.

On Monday we remember the men and women of our armed forces who gave their lives in defense of our country. Their sacrifice has been to ensure the freedoms we enjoy. No matter how you feel about politics and armed conflict, it is important to remember... our service members do not start wars - they carry out the orders of our nation. We remember family members, relatives, friends and neighbors who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for us. Hope you enjoy the day and know what it is all about. Regards, Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 05:11 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
yeah, your right. its not just a day of bbq. last year I went to see the Vietnam traveling wall in a nearby town to pay my respects to veterans and those lost. my brother in laws older brother is on that wall.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Former Moderator

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Every year my Dad and I go to see both my grandfathers who are buried at a large cemetery in St. Louis to pay our respects. Both were veterans of WWII as well as my Great Aunt who retired from the Air Force as a full Colonel ( she was a nurse).

The sad thing is the surrounding neighborhood is so bad I feel compelled to carry a sidearm on our visits. My father (who is not a gun owner) actually suggested it, that's how bad it is. Cemetery is beautiful and kept very nice but the surrounding area has basically turned into a ghetto.

I'd like to thank all our members here who have served to keep our country safe. I was never able to serve in the military but now I do my part helping build the best fighter aircraft in the world.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Matt hits the nail on the head. I am dedicating the restoration of my 68 GTO to those Vietnam Vets who never returned to get a chance to drive these cars when new. I bought my 68 from a WWII veteran, who served as an MP in Germany, who happened to be a German Emigrate, and was mad he could not fight in the pacific....guess he could not hide that accent!

I tip my hat to all veterans and especially to those families who have lost loved ones both then and now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickm View Post
yeah, your right. its not just a day of bbq. last year I went to see the Vietnam traveling wall in a nearby town to pay my respects to veterans and those lost. my brother in laws older brother is on that wall.
When I saw the Wall in DC as an 18 year old, I broke down, knowing those names were dudes my age who made that sacrifice....God Bless Your family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in