My Ames Parts List - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Ames Parts List

Well, I went downloaded Ames' catalog and ran through the list of parts I will need to do what I think will be a complete overhaul of my Le Mans. That will also include the parts necessary to turn it into a GTO. Now, granted there is bound to be somewhere between $500-$1000 worth of parts that I will be forgetting on the list but at glance, the total is $3972.50.

That's going to leave a mark...

On top of that is the paint job, which I'm anticipating is going to run me around $5000.

This is an expensive hobby...

...and for the record, I am going to backhand the next person who says these two words in my presence: "Frame-off".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Lol, thats the same feeling i get when someone tells me that. I tell them "hey if you want to do it for me and pay for it go ahead". My manager has a chevell that has been getting a "Frame Off" for a couple years now, I saw it here lately and it looks like its going to be a couple more years until he gets to enjoy it. Good luck on your project anyways. hopefully you will take some pictures when your done.

Side note: you might try looking up the same parts in other books. sometimes you can get lucky and save some money.

Last edited by 67goatman455; 09-23-2007 at 11:28 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I`ve got at least that much ordered for the `65. It never seem to end does it?.....would really like to get a new set of tail light chromes and that center section too, but the wallet`s running thin, and I still have to pay for the paint job yet.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukee View Post
I`ve got at least that much ordered for the `65. It never seem to end does it?.....would really like to get a new set of tail light chromes and that center section too, but the wallet`s running thin, and I still have to pay for the paint job yet.
I'm going to hold off on the order until I get the overheating problem fixed. After that, I have to fix a few other things (like a leaky tranny line and some other odds and ends), I'll put all the GTO pieces that need to be painted on the car (like the tail-light panel and the hood mounted tach) and then I'll take it in for paint. After the body is all done, I'll go for broke on the Ames catalog but the priority is still to get this thing running good.

Also, if anyone has some good suggestions about paint shops in either Nor-Cal or So. Cal, I'm all ears. The car is currently being stored in Nor Cal but I live in Long Beach so I can do either. One is logistically better than the other but if there is a paint shop that is worth the extra effort, I'll do it.

I'm not concerned about 100% accuracy to a factory paint job because I have the wrong engine so the numbers will never match. If you know someone who does great work at a good price, I'd love to talk to them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 09:36 AM

Ames is about the only company I use for my interior and trim parts. Steve Ames is a great guy and so are his employees. I got to meet Steve at the Pontiac Nationals a few years back (don't forget he sponsors that ENTIRE event).

That dude has more rare Pontiacs than probably anyone else in the country! He just doesn't let anyone know about them!

Last edited by The_Humbler; 11-25-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in