Well, almost! The GF went out of town yesterday and I stayed around home and went to a semi-local car show. We both got home late and we went out to eat way later then we ever do. We got home about 1:30am, and because this was the first road trip we took in the car after the rear carrier install, I wanted to get a temp reading of the axle cover, so just before I backed into the shed I turned the car off and shot the cover with my temp gun . Temp was normal so I get back in and go to back the car into the shed and no battery at all, no lights, no dash lights, no clicks, no nothin. So I pop the hood to check the cables (I knew they were tight, but just checked them anyway) I tryed to twist them but both were tight, just as I put my hand on the second cable the whole top of the battery blew up in my face with a huge explosion!! One of the covers for adding water nailed me under the chin( I thought I lost part of it!), my face, eyes, arms, chest, neck got blasted with battery acid! I couldn`t see, I started burning all over, thought I was going to loose my sight, it wasn`t pretty! The GF was freaked out. Made my way into the house and got right in the shower. Luckly I was able to wash all the acid off and although my eyes did burn, by morning they were normal again.
After the shower I went down to push the car into the shed and all the lights were on, the dash lights were on, so I got inside and the car fired right up and I backed it into the shed. I was freakin out!! Why did the battery go dead? Why did it blow up? Why did it work again after it blew up?? Too many unanswered questions!! Very strange!!